yconic - MAJOR OUAC MISTAKE!! WHAT SHOULD I DO??!?!!?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

MAJOR OUAC MISTAKE!! WHAT SHOULD I DO??!?!!?

A photo of toocoolforschool toocoolforschool
I was takin a course in private school (english) and my mark was a 91, and I got offered to take writers craft for free online because I had the highest mark in the class, I told my private school principal to report the fact that I am taking the online summer school type course (it starts in june)so that the universities will know that I am still waiting on a mark that will/might make my top 6 average increase from an 81 to an 83-84%. Instead, he sent in a MARK for writers craft (the same as english, a 91%) to my ouac. So now it is showing that I am takin writers craft, and my midterm mark for it is a 91. I know it increases my average by alot, but I am worried, because the deadline is TODAY, and he cannot change it now. So if I get accpeted and June comes, and I dont have a final mark, what will happen? Will they just assume that 91 was also my final mark? Or will it drop to 0 because I wasnt taking the course? If so that wil cause my average to go from an 83-84 to an 68% :S. What should I do?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of safarhealthsci1 safarhealthsci1
WTF? This is why I hate private schools. Doesn't it seem weird that the principal just gave you a 91 in a course that you never took? it's ridiculous and very sad. Why can't you be a normal student like the rest of us and just do your classes in day school. I get pissed off how you people in pvt. schools get fed with these inflated marks while we have to work out butts of to get a decent average. The final entry for OUAC (which will determine your acceptance) was this mid term. The final marks are only to see if you have met the conditions of the offers you received. The dead line to accept an offer is June 2nd. If you are talking summer school, it is usually for getting credits that are not in your top six. Rarely will you get accepted at such a late time (July). Talk to the principle about this, because this means that you are required to provide a final mark for writters craft..how are you supposed to do that without even being enrolled in that class?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of toocoolforschool toocoolforschool
:S Theres a reason to why I took private school courses....I needed to take two courses and I was planning on taking it in night school because i had work and I did not need to take day school just for two courses...I had no problem with night school except for the fact that they did not OFFER the course I needed. So instead of takin one course at private school and the other at night school, I took them both in private school. Also, This private school does not give high marks because you are paying them...the 10 other people in my class were all gettin either 60s or 70s. Im pretty sure that would not happen with the other private schools you are talkin about. Secondly, I DID work for my mark, I missed only one day of class because i HAD to, and all I did aftr i got home from class was study, and then go to work. So please dont make it seem like I sat around at home while you were working your butt off. And yea I recommend never takin a course in private school, day school is much safer. I am going to complain to him and make HIM decide what to do so that my future does not get ruined. Thanks for your help though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of IanSharer IanSharer
WTF? That's strange because I was also takin a course in private school (english) and my mark was a 91, and I got offered to take writers craft for free online because I had the highest mark in the class, I told my private school principal to report the fact that I am taking the online summer school type course (it starts in june)so that the universities will know that I am still waiting on a mark that will/might make my top 6 average increase from an 81 to an 83-84%. Instead, he sent in a MARK for writers craft (the same as english, a 91%) to my ouac. So now it is showing that I am takin writers craft, and my midterm mark for it is a 91. I know it increases my average by alot, but I am worried, because the deadline is TODAY, and he cannot change it now. So if I get accpeted and June comes, and I dont have a final mark, what will happen? Will they just assume that 91 was also my final mark? Or will it drop to 0 because I wasnt taking the course? If so that wil cause my average to go from an 83-84 to an 68% :S. What should I do?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Jack555 Jack555
ian...
Was this helpful? Yes 0