yconic - Makeovers
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Makeovers

A photo of kaloolah kaloolah
I'm a girl, and I was thinking that it might be fun to take my best guy friend shopping to give him a "makeover". It isn't like I'm trying to change him, I just think that he might need a little guidance in the style department.

I was wondering if it would be appropriate for me to bring this up, and how might be a good way to do so? I don't want to offend him or anything!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
22 replies

A photo of samanthax0 samanthax0
i would personally be like, " hey! i wanna go to the mall but no one will come with me, wanna tag along :)?" , and from there kinda ease into it, show him some nice things and maybe you will find a happy medium between his style and yours. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of jackiem jackiem
i agree with samanthax0 , you probably want to make sure your styles aren't that different to start though, or just drop small suggestions every so often, like hmmm instead of that shirt what if you tried wearing something like.... etc. :) good luck
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leviaidan leviaidan
Are you paying for his new clothes? If you aren't, I suggest you tell him directly. If you are paying for him, I'm sure he will be down for it (because it's free).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
^ Agreed.

Honestly, just ask him if he wants to hang out at the mall and shop. Make it sound more casual than it is. It will be a glorious tarp.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of saber33 saber33
Just be careful. This makeover may turn him into the stud of the school and you will only realize your love for him after he has made-out with your arch rival in front of you and agreed to go to prom with her.

Unless he is of the homosexual orientation. Then he will join the "in" crowd, and you will realize how wrong you were to try to change him in the first place.

Truly the makeover is a double edged sword.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@saber33 wrote
Just be careful. This makeover may turn him into the stud of the school and you will only realize your love for him after he has made-out with your arch rival in front of you and agreed to go to prom with her.

Unless he is of the homosexual orientation. Then he will join the "in" crowd, and you will realize how wrong you were to try to change him in the first place.

Truly the makeover is a double edged sword.

LOL you watch way too many TV shows...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
lol @ saber

@Zion wrote
It will be a glorious tarp.

lol @ tarp
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dancee dancee
Just whatever you do, don't go to Abercrombie ... or American Apparel. You don't want to traumatize the guy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
^ +1. or hollister or any of those places.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
Is this thread a joke?

If he's your best male friend then why are you so insecure and uncomfortable about asking him something so meaningless
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leviaidan leviaidan

@dancee wrote
Just whatever you do, don't go to Abercrombie ... or American Apparel. You don't want to traumatize the guy.

I like American Apparel.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dancee dancee

@leviaidan wrote

@dancee wrote

I like American Apparel.

Hipster.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq

@dancee wrote

@leviaidan wrote

@dancee wrote

I like American Apparel.

Hipster.

I compare the brand to Walmart clothing, cheap and only worth the casual look
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dancee dancee

@Qq wrote

@dancee wrote

@leviaidan wrote

@dancee wrote

I like American Apparel.

Hipster.

I compare the brand to Walmart clothing, cheap and only worth the casual look

Except AA's is made by LA city slickers and most of Wal-Mart's is stitched by thousands of child labourers. So you either sacrifice your post-secondary education for a few tops at AA or support child labour via Wal-mart. Decisions, decisions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo

@saber33 wrote

He obviously isn't. If he were, he'd be taking the OP on a style makeover, not the other way around.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
Clotheswise (and pricewise), I would rather shop at Walmart than at AA.

But yeah... child labour... damn.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
You prefer the clothes at Wal-Mart to AA? wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

I'll admit AA has some stuff that's a bit too out there for me, but still...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
AA is just ridic. I like some hipstery stuff but theirs is mostly just ew. for girls at least.

and have you been to walmart lately? they actually have some pretty nice stuff now. (I repeat: for girls at least. haven't looked at the menswear)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 72393 72393
yeah, lots of my guy friends go shopping with me and ask for advice! just say hey lets go shopping! and just say oo you look good to make them feel good in the clothes you picked! it'd probably work :p
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Behnam Behnam
Most guys would say nawww - but it depends on him and his personality
Was this helpful? Yes 0