yconic - Making money from home?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Making money from home?

A photo of bkuntz bkuntz
Im in grade 12 this year, and I don't have a job.It's not beacuse Im lazy, but rather I dont have my licence so I cant get around and I also go back and forth from my mothers and fathers house so therefore would have a hard time walking or busing to work (my dad dosent live in town..). Does anyone hae any tips on how I could make money from home? I don't need to be making a fortune, just enough that I can get by.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
29 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Unless you want a paper route, you won't find anything.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of VegaKrazmych VegaKrazmych
Start getting your license. Why haven't you done so already?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of breanneeagnew breanneeagnew

@VegaKrazmych wrote
Start getting your license. Why haven't you done so already?

some people are afraid of driving. We had a very well loved student pass away a few years ago in a car accident and a friend of mine who was in her grad class is afraid to drive herself anywhere. The driver insturctor here even scares soon to be drivers with the picture from the accident. Driving is scary if that's where your mind set is.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well, I see where you're coming from, then.

Still, it's something that you'll have to overcome, especially if it is stopping you from working. Good luck, and best wishes!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of breanneeagnew breanneeagnew

@VegaKrazmych wrote
Good luck, and best wishes!

ditto
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of wcpatton wcpatton
I think bartending might be the riskiest but potentially most lucrative way to make money in the summer, any thoughts?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@wcpatton wrote
I think bartending might be the riskiest but potentially most lucrative way to make money in the summer, any thoughts?

I don't necessarily see how those two apply to bartending. Most bartenders do not get injured on the job, so I fail to see how it is riskier than, say, working in construction or heavy industry.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Oprime Oprime
I can see how you might have a problem getting a job, but I think you still have a few options such as:
-Making youtube videos; but this requires some sort of talent, and if you get a lot of viewers, you can apply for the google ad thing.
-Start your own business: If you like things like tshirt designing or other things of that sort, you could try to start your own business at home

Good luck! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of gigzak gigzak
AVON, ENVOY, GOTTADA GROUP! check them out.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Amalik Amalik
Now days you can't get a job unless you have experience, but how the heck are first timers ever going to get a job, and if you really want one, volunteer at some place related to what you are pursuing that way when you end up graduating or what not you have an available job .
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of materx80 materx80

@Amalik wrote
Now days you can't get a job unless you have experience, but how the heck are first timers ever going to get a job, and if you really want one, volunteer at some place related to what you are pursuing that way when you end up graduating or what not you have an available job .

If you start off getting a part-time job at a grocery store or restaurant or something, you can pretty easily get a job without experience...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Amalik wrote

Entry-level positions are exactly that - for people with little or no experience. Go there and then move up. These positions include fast food, retail, etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of missanwer missanwer
Ugh, getting a job these days is pretty hard. There's a pretty limited amount of jobs you can do at home. Avon and other businesses are a good idea. You can also do something simple like babysitting? Another idea would be doing telerecruiting from your home (it's basically like telemarketing). I heard the Canadian Cancer Society was looking for people to do it. Ofcourse the best idea would just be to find a job outside your home, but is easy to get to. Perhaps you can carpool or take the bus? (:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Buttoncakes Buttoncakes
I'm in grade 12, waiting on a call back from a place where I know some people on the inside... but I'm losing hope that they'll call me back. I'm in desperate need of money to pay for my schooling next year and so far, no matter how many places I apply to... not even a single call back.
I'm not a lazy person who can't work, and I do have some experience, but it seems as thought either I have too little experience, or too much for the job I'm applying for.

I'm very good at working computers, so I was wondering if anyone knows a good way I can make some money online without selling a kidney.... and a way that isn't a complete scam.

I'd really appreciate some help guys.

-Buttoncakes
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SuzanneA SuzanneA
Try making something there's a market for where you live (ex. notebooks, shopping bags, magnets, ect.) and sell them at a local craft market or online.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of anberlin1990 anberlin1990
Try looking at kijiji for jobs... some people will post ads looking for people to do yard work for them or even help them with computer difficulties. Another great thing to do is sign up for freelancing which can be in any area, my favorite site for this elance.com. Another great thing to do is answer surveys online one great site is ipsos... it takes awhile to build up credit to get money for this, but its worth it
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of crazymoon crazymoon
I think you should start volunteering! Try volunteering for someplace that is related to what you want to do in the future. Nowadays you can't get a job unless you have experience, so a good way for first timers to get experience is to volunteer.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JessicaHuynh JessicaHuynh
You could do surveys, but that's a really really slow way of making money.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Sell your skills, find something you're good at and then instruct other people on how to do it. Play the guitar? give guitar clases....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of KimboIsBomb KimboIsBomb
Get your license.
Or learn a skill, and share your talent with others.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bekabear bekabear
If any relatives have family business, see if you can get a temorary job there or something until you can get another job.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ashton92 ashton92
Remember you need to go and look for a job they will not knock on your door
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of miguelrobinson23 miguelrobinson23
ya really cant man unlees you buy and sell through ebay but good luck
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ilegallybrunette ilegallybrunette
You could sell stuff you don't need anymore, whether it be though ebay or even craigslist. You could try saving up money you already have, by being very fruggle. You could try applying to a close supermarket, like nofrills or sobeys or even walmart; those jobs are entry-level and there may be one close to your home where you don't have to drive to.

I need a job as well and it is hard. I've been told to get an easy job at like mcdonalds or nofrills, then after a year or two of experience, you can apply for a better job with two years of job experience under your belt.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Smithius Smithius
There's always "busy-work" that groups need done. For example, I write the weekly reports for my community's soccer club (for the local paper to publish). You don't have to be a world-class writer for it, you just have to put in the time. If you can contact a large-ish, local club or group, I bet there will be something like this you can set up for the spring/summer online.
Was this helpful? Yes 0