yconic - Management at UBC Okanagan or UTSC or UTM
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Management at UBC Okanagan or UTSC or UTM

A photo of rainin rainin
Applied to both UBC and U o T.

Just wanted to know is UBC Okanagan's Management program better than UTSC or UTM's? Or is it the other way around?

If I had to choose between UTSC and UTM then is UTSC better than UTM? Does it have a better faculty, crowd and social life than UTM?

Do you think it makes sense to transfer to UBC Vancouver after one year at Okanagan?

Thanks. :nemo:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of rainin rainin
Can anyone help me please?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Johnk101 Johnk101
I wouldn't recommend UTSC at all - it's horrible. Social life here sucks, the campus is boring and Scarborough is boring altogether. Some profs are good, others completely suck. The fees are crazy too because they're deregulated, so you're looking at nearly $40,000 over your 4 years - you can go to Laurier/UBC/etc. AND pay less with rez cost included.

I made a mistake coming here, go to UBC instead, you'll thank me later.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rainin rainin
Thanks John. Coming from the States, so gonna be considered as an International Student.. So I really have to make a good decision about where to put my money at...

I'm even considering UBC.. let's see what happens.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If you're already gonna be paying international fees, I'd look into programs like U of T Rotman, Mcgill, Ivey, Queens, UBC. If you plan on going back to the States to work, these would be best as they have the most international recognition. It all depends on your average and career goals though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

If you're already gonna be paying international fees, I'd look into programs like U of T Rotman, Mcgill, Ivey, Queens, UBC. If you plan on going back to the States to work, these would be best as they have the most international recognition. It all depends on your average and career goals though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of rainin rainin
I applied late so couldn't apply for U o T Rotman... But UBC is my best option I guess.. So, I think I should go for that.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Too bad, try to see if you can persuade any of those schools to still accept your application. They're usually pretty lenient with international students (cuz they know they're gonna make tons of money off them lol). Either way, it's works in your favour, so give them a call and see if they're willing to help you out. Otherwise, UBC is still a great choice, one of the best in Canada and the weather there definitely beats Toronto's weather :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of rainin rainin
Thanks John. Will try to see if I can persuade them, if not, if I work really hard maybe I could transfer to U o T Rotman after my first year.. or just transfer to UBC Vancouver Sauder.. Both are the best if I'm not wrong
Was this helpful? Yes 0