yconic - Management Engineering INFO
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Management Engineering INFO

A photo of peterbrap peterbrap
heyy
when did you get accepted? and was ur AIF good?

my average right now is an 84.67 and im not sure im gonna get into this program
Was this helpful? Yes 0
36 replies

A photo of claudiapedraza claudiapedraza
heyy

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
What kind of coop jobs are in management eng?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of merm123 merm123

@peterbrap wrote
Hi,
1A- PHYSICS U WILL DIE
CAL - NOT BAD
LINEAR U WILL DIE
CHEM U WILL DIE
MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS NOT BAD

I AM TELLIN U HIGSHCHOOL IS A JOKE. PERIOD U WILL GO TO WATERLOO AND SEE HOW HARD THAT crapT IS

Wow, thanks for the encouragement...

What's your average in University, right now? And when did you get accepted?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

hey guys sorry for long wait in response since of the heavy course load and pressure. kk I will give u guys a brief summary of 1a.

- I got accepted in May with an average of 81.3
- September Frosh week AWESOME
- Class Starts- First weeks is basically intro as usual and all assignments will be out for you to start working
-End of sept you will feel really stressed cuz midterms are goin to be out really soon.
-Physics at waterloo: is hardest crap ever. Textbook questions are soft. you go there in exam it is mc and ure work doesn't count. worth 25% and 10 questions.
-After physics you will be like i deff failed LOL its normal
-Calculus - easiest review of grade 12
-Linear - kinda hard but doable alot of discrete math ( letters)
-Msci- I don't understand wat i learned there but if u fail tat course you pretty much screws ure average cuz its weight is 0.75, physcis 0.5 linear 0.5 cal 0.5 chem 0.5
Chem- is good u will like to write tat PV=NRT lol
-A week later u will get your marks
-will be suprised if u failed or passed
-Then materials in each course gets really hard
-1 month left in finals
-Physcis final is first. supper killer
-chem is killer too since is mutiple choice and no work counts
-Msci is bs
-Linear - is good
-Cal- 2010 got the hardest exam from 09 NOT FAIR - WATERLOO doesn't seem to be consistent.
-- then after last exam you go home for christmans
-day b4 (24) marks are out
-U will see u grades. worst timing ever ye LOL.
-If u fail more than 2 coures and if ure average is below 50 u go on probabation.
- If u pass congrazts lol.
-Then chill for a bit and go to uni and start 1b.

-- WHAT I HEARD IS THAT the new system for 2011 eng students for 1A is that its not 50 anymore. it is 60% is the pass and no more than 2 courses failed :( IUUNO Y WATERLOO IS DOIN THAT REALLY UNFAIR FOR US THEN :( srry and ya i was takin a look at the webstie and if u get in ure conditions are to mainatain a 77 average last year it was a 75 WOW waterloo are increasing eng rep lol

Sooo my marks
- Higschool :81.3
- 1A :50.2 and failed physics
- In my class alot of ppl failed and quite or some are on probation.
- Currently in 1b- it is much tougher cuz after 1b u need a 60% and can't fail more than 2 coures :( it is hard.

-Tips LOL wat saved me is i studied with a former student that fialed 1a. If ppl failed 1a it doesn't MEAN they are dumbass ( not higschool) it means they are really smart but unlucky or unconsitent exams. REMEMBER TO GET IN U MUST BE THE SMARTEST STUDENT. soo don't judge ppl tat failed it is normal in ENGINEERING at WATERLOO.
- I know alot of ppl taht fail but tat is really normal even my prof told me he failed LOL SOO yaa study with them and make friendss. and if u are a girl it will be awesome cuz guys like to work with girls since there are feww LOL. try to find ppl tat failed in 1a and make friends they will help u cuz they went through the same thing last year. also just becuze they fail they aren't dumb its engineering. I know ppl with 97% highschool (ib) and failed 1a. its just pure luck.

Any questions
Let me know.
See ya

Good luck and enjoy the few months of higHschool LOL ( SRRY FOR SPELLING MISTAKES LOL)

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@merm123 wrote

@peterbrap wrote
Hi,
1A- PHYSICS U WILL DIE
CAL - NOT BAD
LINEAR U WILL DIE
CHEM U WILL DIE
MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS NOT BAD

I AM TELLIN U HIGSHCHOOL IS A JOKE. PERIOD U WILL GO TO WATERLOO AND SEE HOW HARD THAT crapT IS

Wow, thanks for the encouragement...

What's your average in University, right now? And when did you get accepted?

LOL NOT TRYIN TO DISENCOURAGE u . cuz i am tellin the truth soo ye. i got accepted in may 2010
Was this helpful? Yes 0

lol, hey no problem.

And thanks for the information. So are you glad you chose engineering? And about how many girls are in management engineering?

Do you by any chance have an e-mail so I can ask you more questions? :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@merm123 wrote
lol, hey no problem.

And thanks for the information. So are you glad you chose engineering? And about how many girls are in management engineering?

AROUND 10 girls lol in my class :) engineering yaa i am glad cuz i really hate english soo i like this field. also u can ask me questions here lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@merm123 wrote
lol, hey no problem.

also do u have the proper average gettin into this program ??
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@claudiapedraza wrote
heyy

yaa i think u will get in lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of freedomdude0 freedomdude0
hey
is there anything u can tell me about electrical engineering at waterloo (ie difficulty wise) ?
do you guys have time to socialize ???
and any final tips on studying habits ? ( mine are terrible)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote
lol, hey no problem.

AROUND 10 girls lol in my class :) engineering yaa i am glad cuz i really hate english soo i like this field. also u can ask me questions here lol

Ohh 10 girls? Out of how many? Are there doing well? Do you think after graduation you'll have a good chance of finding a job?

I hate english too! And yeah, I think I have the grades? I get 90s in math and high 80s in the sciences. It's just English I'm worried about D: (I got a 73 in English which lowered my average big time)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@merm123 wrote

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote
lol, hey no problem.

Ohh 10 girls? Out of how many? Are there doing well? Do you think after graduation you'll have a good chance of finding a job?

I hate english too! And yeah, I think I have the grades? I get 90s in math and high 80s in the sciences. It's just English I'm worried about D: (I got a 73 in English which lowered my average big time)

Nice same situation as me i got a 75 in english and high to low 80's in math and sci. Really don't worry abt the job opp. they are pretty high. When they see the uni name on the resume u will be in. i have firends in all diff uni but i am the first one to get a coop position this summer out of all of them. sooo by the way have u been accepted to other unis ?? and how abt LOO :) there are abt 80 ppl in class which 65 r guys and rest is girls. as i told u try to find out the ppl tat failed last term and be study buds with them. i even spend days/ evenings and even sleep overs at his/her place. it is fun at the same time but also be productive . in loo if u don't have a study partner it makes it harder . u will probably get accepted in May like the first week like me lol. but ya soo wat are u plans are u goin to come to loo?? it is a challenge but if u work with a person u should fine.

Good luck :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@freedomdude0 wrote
hey
is there anything u can tell me about electrical engineering at waterloo (ie difficulty wise) ?

No time bud. my higschool friend is in ece we are roomies too lol. i can see he does heavier cal really similar, but alot more programming and electrical and computer stuff. but i can say physics is goin to be a B***tch lol for all eng PERIOD lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote
lol, hey no problem.

Nice same situation as me i got a 75 in english and high to low 80's in math and sci. Really don't worry abt the job opp. they are pretty high. When they see the uni name on the resume u will be in. i have firends in all diff uni but i am the first one to get a coop position this summer out of all of them. sooo by the way have u been accepted to other unis ?? and how abt LOO :) there are abt 80 ppl in class which 65 r guys and rest is girls. as i told u try to find out the ppl tat failed last term and be study buds with them. i even spend days/ evenings and even sleep overs at his/her place. it is fun at the same time but also be productive . in loo if u don't have a study partner it makes it harder . u will probably get accepted in May like the first week like me lol. but ya soo wat are u plans are u goin to come to loo?? it is a challenge but if u work with a person u should fine.

I applied to Windsor and Waterloo, and got accepted to Windsor 3 days after applying...still waiting on Waterloo though :( (I think it's because of my crappy English mark). What rez are you at? Is it easy to study there? (i.e. not many distractions, ex. parties haha)

I have no idea what I'm doing yet still! Obviously I would rather go to Waterloo, but cost is kind of an issue.

Another question..even if you have really good study habits (no procrastination, good notes, etc.) and you're really passionate about your studies is it still hard to do decent (70s-80s) in engineering? I really don't want to fail lol.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@peterbrap wrote

@freedomdude0 wrote
hey

No time bud. my higschool friend is in ece we are roomies too lol. i can see he does heavier cal really similar, but alot more programming and electrical and computer stuff. but i can say physics is goin to be a B***tch lol for all eng PERIOD lol

You're scaring me a bit..D: lol. Is physics really unbearable?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@merm123 wrote

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote
lol, hey no problem.

I applied to Windsor and Waterloo, and got accepted to Windsor 3 days after applying...still waiting on Waterloo though :( (I think it's because of my crappy English mark). What rez are you at? Is it easy to study there? (i.e. not many distractions, ex. parties haha)

I have no idea what I'm doing yet still! Obviously I would rather go to Waterloo, but cost is kind of an issue.

Another question..even if you have really good study habits (no procrastination, good notes, etc.) and you're really passionate about your studies is it still hard to do decent (70s-80s) in engineering? I really don't want to fail lol.

Do u like to party ??? OR do u want too change from ure highschool setting meet with new ppl and have a good time *party LOL. i guess it is normal cuz ure in uni???

Ya it is possible to get 70's iuuno abt 80 lol IF U WORK with a buddy. it is up to u. I now this guy who was in my class the pulled really high marks like 90's but failed cuz he was unlucky. he was the dude tat taught me the course. i was talkin to him and he said he will be coming into ure class. Smartest genius ever just unlucky lol. its normal.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@merm123 wrote

@peterbrap wrote

@freedomdude0 wrote
hey

Ya it is hard . everything u learn in grade 12 is 1 day review. most of them except at total useless except for kinematics. i got a 47 :(

wat courses do u have this term ? And also to let u know since of class i usually go on this fourm in the morning;s at 8am or afternoon after 10pm. soo ya u can leave me any type of questions and i will answer it :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote

@peterbrap wrote

@freedomdude0 wrote
hey

Ya it is hard . everything u learn in grade 12 is 1 day review. most of them except at total useless except for kinematics. i got a 47 :(

wat courses do u have this term ? And also to let u know since of class i usually go on this fourm in the morning;s at 8am or afternoon after 10pm. soo ya u can leave me any type of questions and i will answer it :cheers:

What are the students like in this program? Do you know everyones names in the program? And are there a lot of international students?

Thanks for answering all my questions lol :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote
lol, hey no problem.

Do u like to party ??? OR do u want too change from ure highschool setting meet with new ppl and have a good time *party LOL. i guess it is normal cuz ure in uni???

Ya it is possible to get 70's iuuno abt 80 lol IF U WORK with a buddy. it is up to u. I now this guy who was in my class the pulled really high marks like 90's but failed cuz he was unlucky. he was the dude tat taught me the course. i was talkin to him and he said he will be coming into ure class. Smartest genius ever just unlucky lol. its normal.

No I don't like to party..I like to have a good time though, but I think there are other ways to do that other than partying :) (just my opinion). What rez are you at? No, I'm not in uni lol..high school still. I have chemistry, computer engineering, and calculus & vectors and I'm doing good in all the classes.

He was unlucky? In terms of exams? Why would he be coming into my class?

So are you going to stick to engineering or are you thinking about changing your major?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@merm123 wrote

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote

@peterbrap wrote

@freedomdude0 wrote
hey

What are the students like in this program? Do you know everyones names in the program? And are there a lot of international students?

Thanks for answering all my questions lol :P

Students in this program most of them are social and some are shy including me :) yaa same i don't like to party. I live in V1 most eng's. Name LOL yaa i dooo. international not the majority but there are like 15 ppl. Wat part of ontario do u live in ?

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@merm123 wrote

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote
lol, hey no problem.

No I don't like to party..I like to have a good time though, but I think there are other ways to do that other than partying :) (just my opinion). What rez are you at? No, I'm not in uni lol..high school still. I have chemistry, computer engineering, and calculus & vectors and I'm doing good in all the classes.

So are you going to stick to engineering or are you thinking about changing your major?

I think V1 is pretty good cuz there are less parties and more ppl with same personality like us livin here. but Rev is the party rez, which wouldn't be wise cuz it will be loud ( parties, beer pong sex .....)soo ya tat is y i choose v1. pluz if u choose v1 there tend to me more engs here, where if u choose rev most of them are ARTS. choose really wisely. If there are more eng's u can study with them. LOL.

Unlucky yaa i think he was stressed soo he failed. He told me he wasn't going to give up soo he is goin to be coming back to loo this sept and try again. total genius.

Yes engineering for LIFE lol . i was planning on switching the first month to mac or ryerson but WATERLOO REP is too high. NOW i got used to stress levels,& more efficient study habits.

Also y do u think management engineering the right choice for u ??? is anyone from ure highschool planning on coming loo for engineering or any other program.
Also do u think ure AIF wass good ?? remember i told u my hs average was 81.3 but aif bumped it up to a 86.3 . if the aif is good u get an extra 5 %.

Good luck merm123 :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote
lol, hey no problem.

I think V1 is pretty good cuz there are less parties and more ppl with same personality like us livin here. but Rev is the party rez, which wouldn't be wise cuz it will be loud ( parties, beer pong sex .....)soo ya tat is y i choose v1. pluz if u choose v1 there tend to me more engs here, where if u choose rev most of them are ARTS. choose really wisely. If there are more eng's u can study with them. LOL.

Unlucky yaa i think he was stressed soo he failed. He told me he wasn't going to give up soo he is goin to be coming back to loo this sept and try again. total genius.

Yes engineering for LIFE lol . i was planning on switching the first month to mac or ryerson but WATERLOO REP is too high. NOW i got used to stress levels,& more efficient study habits.

Also y do u think management engineering the right choice for u ??? is anyone from ure highschool planning on coming loo for engineering or any other program.
Also do u think ure AIF wass good ?? remember i told u my hs average was 81.3 but aif bumped it up to a 86.3 . if the aif is good u get an extra 5 %.

Is V1 one of the more expensive ones?

Oh. So what's the highest average in your program? Is anyone pulling off 80s?

That's good :) Are you grades going up now?

I really like math and physics (actually no, LOVE physics) and I like the business side management engineering has. Yeah, my best friend is going to loo for nanotechnology engineering, and a bunch of other people at my school want to go to Waterloo for engineering too. My AIF was pretty good, I think. I did hand it in a bit later than most people though. 5% :O wow that's a lot.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@merm123 wrote

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote

@peterbrap wrote

@merm123 wrote
lol, hey no problem.

Is V1 one of the more expensive ones?

Oh. So what's the highest average in your program? Is anyone pulling off 80s?

That's good :) Are you grades going up now?

I really like math and physics (actually no, LOVE physics) and I like the business side management engineering has. Yeah, my best friend is going to loo for nanotechnology engineering, and a bunch of other people at my school want to go to Waterloo for engineering too. My AIF was pretty good, I think. I did hand it in a bit later than most people though. 5% :O wow that's a lot.

My physics mark in hs was a 89 physics is really not taught in hs. it's like u are learning the alphabets. i loved physics too in hs but ya waterloo's eng phys goes to its max. U will see when u come here. Nano i don't really now abt tat but they have a easy 1st year compared to management. ya aif amazing if it is really good u can get a max of 5 percent like how i got . I have to maintain a 60 in 1b with 7 courses it is death . i am not sure if i will hit the 60. if not i will have to go on probation and come back next year and repeat 1b. if are repeating 1b there are new rules. u have to maintain a 70 average LOL. V1 nop really close to the others but like give or take 200 buks not a biggy. Yaa the business side is y i choose it but we don't really do too much buz. we do more IT and bit of buz. tat is the diff from an industrial against a management. YAA management is better cuz it the technically a modern industrial eng. " better version" did u apply for U of T industrial eng ??? I also i got into tat but i hated downtown environment ? Do u live in GTA ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of wendy94 wendy94
Hey! I have also applied to management engineering. I haven't gotten into the program yet, even though my average is 90. however, i am doing gr.11 physics right now in night school and gr.12 physics right now in day school.
is it because of this they havent accepted me??

btw, thanks for all the info above. i have a few more questions...
is it easy to make friends? are there parties in V1 even though there are engineers? is it fun overall?
please reply! :))
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@wendy94 wrote
Hey! I have also applied to management engineering. I haven't gotten into the program yet, even though my average is 90. however, i am doing gr.11 physics right now in night school and gr.12 physics right now in day school.
is it because of this they havent accepted me??

btw, thanks for all the info above. i have a few more questions...
is it easy to make friends? are there parties in V1 even though there are engineers? is it fun overall?
please reply! :))

Hey wendy nice to see u applied to management engineering :)
Hopefully u will get in .

Sometimes. depends on the ppl too and their attitudes. Are u thinking abt v1?? Parties yaa we r engineers . LOL we work hard and play hard also. LOL LOL LOL .... V1 is nice it has a combo. BUt don't choose REVV u wouldn't be able to study. U might have chance of evening failing.

Ask up more quesitons

See ya
Was this helpful? Yes 0