yconic - Management: UTM vs UBC-O
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Management: UTM vs UBC-O

A photo of alaz alaz
Hi everyone. I've just got admitted to UBC Okanagan Campus - Faculty of Management and U of T Mississauga Campus Management Program. As an international student I don't have much idea of which to choose so I want to learn which one is more prestigous and whch one will lead my way to a better MBA program.

PS: Deposit deadlines are closing and I want to send it to one of them and UBC awarded me with 5000$ scholarship.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of ufoate ufoate
Hi I used to study in the ubc-o campus. Personally, i thinik UTM would be a better choice, thats just because of its location. Its in ontario. It has better employment opportunities after graduation. Besides, UTM has a more established name relative to ubco (5 years only).

Furtherm0re, u did mention that they gave u a $5000 scholarship right? So i am assuming u r an international student. Given that, I'd rather choose UTM as in the long run, what is 5000 bucks compared to better job prospects?

The last thing is that, if they offered u a 5000 dollar scholarship, why don't u choose to go to UBC sauder?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of alaz alaz
Because UBC Sauder was not an option. BTW yes i'm an international student.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly
Go with UTM.

UBC-O is like a glorified community college.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ufoate ufoate

@prmly wrote
Go with UTM.

UBC-O is like a glorified community college.

i kind of 2nd this comment, however, to add, I think the quality of the university is improving over time. Yet, still a |0t of work to be done.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Cuiter23 Cuiter23
UTM has a better management and commerce program overall.

Go with UTM.
Was this helpful? Yes 0