yconic - March Acceptance to Schulich
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

March Acceptance to Schulich

A photo of goldstorm goldstorm
What are the chances of getting into Schulich in March with a 92-92.5 avg. with 3 courses done and one mid-term mark?
Given Decent supplementary ofc
Was this helpful? Yes 0
25 replies

A photo of maynards maynards
just wondering, how do you have a midterm mark in late february? did you do an online course and speed it up?

and i think its quite possible for an early acceptance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK
If your SAF was submitted very early, quite possible you will get accepted (if you're from a descent school and not one of those marks-farms).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bieber Bieber
^ how do they know if your school is a decent school or if its easy to get marks? and does taking online courses affect it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Caroshin Caroshin

@Bieber wrote
^ how do they know if your school is a decent school or if its easy to get marks? and does taking online courses affect it?

I hear its calculated upon the grades previous graduates from the high school have averaged versus their current GPA. For example, if two people earn a 90% from two different high schools, but one ends up dropping out while the other is able to maintain something similar to a 90 in uni, then of course the latter is expected to have come from a better environment.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldstorm goldstorm
yea my school is known for being quite difficult..especially in the area of math. It's notorious in my region for math -_-. Supposedly waterloo engineering and math bump our marks up cuz it's that difficult.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@goldstorm wrote
yea my school is known for being quite difficult..especially in the area of math. It's notorious in my region for math -_-. Supposedly waterloo engineering and math bump our marks up cuz it's that difficult.

Same is said for my school as well actually. I look at your EC's just out of curiosity in-case we happened to attend the same school (coincidentally, I've met with 2 other people who use SA), but from what I see, it doesn't seem to be the case.
Anyways, I guess that means you're in good standing. Last year around 10 people from my school went to Schulich, and about 20 got acceptance. D;
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
^^ sounds like my school. Anyone go to Gordon Graydon?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn

@VladimirB wrote

I know at least three friends off the top of my head who went there last year ^^ and they all live in the same suite
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@aeryn wrote

@VladimirB wrote

I know at least three friends off the top of my head who went there last year ^^ and they all live in the same suite

What about AY Jackson? D;
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MINTOK MINTOK

@Caroshin wrote

@aeryn wrote

@VladimirB wrote

I chill with one guy from A. Y. Jackson. He's a genius in math. Know Jie Dai?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
2 from the top of my head :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@MINTOK wrote

@Caroshin wrote

@aeryn wrote

@VladimirB wrote

Haha wow, I've heard of him from a grade 13 friend when he came back for an orientation about Schulich once.
EDIT: And yeah, we have quite a bit of math geniuses here. Waterloo loves them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ilikeyork ilikeyork

@Caroshin wrote

@MINTOK wrote

@Caroshin wrote

@aeryn wrote

@VladimirB wrote

Haha wow, I've heard of him from a grade 13 friend when he came back for an orientation about Schulich once.

Grrr.. our school revealed.
I'm sure there are more AY people on SA than just 3 of us.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ilikeyork wrote

@Caroshin wrote

@MINTOK wrote

@Caroshin wrote

@aeryn wrote

@VladimirB wrote

Grrr.. our school revealed.
I'm sure there are more AY people on SA than just 3 of us.

Oh please, you revealed our school when you asked -the other member in our group- about whether she was from AY or not on her topic =\
Welcome back btw.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of MrRodney MrRodney
I repeated my grade 12 year in pirvate school and I wanted to know if in anyway it would effect my application to universities such as schulich, western, queens, and waterloo
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Super Super

@MrRodney wrote
I repeated my grade 12 year in pirvate school and I wanted to know if in anyway it would effect my application to universities such as schulich, western, queens, and waterloo

I would call them about this. They usually take repeated courses in consideration.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of suvanshmehta suvanshmehta

@VladimirB wrote

Woaah, kids from graydon are on here? Sick!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Windsongs4 Windsongs4

@MINTOK wrote
If your SAF was submitted very early, quite possible you will get accepted (if you're from a descent school and not one of those marks-farms).

what is considered very early? :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DeanVermillion DeanVermillion
^ mine question as well! But didn't Schulich's admission office send an email on Feb 3 saying that if you submit supplmentary form by Feb 6, they will take a look at it first? But they also said that despite the time you submit your supplmentary form, offers of admission for all appliants will go out at once?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of viii viii
One of our top finance students (Pulkit Gera) is from AY. There are a lot of you guys around haha.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of idroptotems idroptotems
Bayview secondary school representing here ;)
waterloo also bumps our marks :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@viii wrote
One of our top finance students (Pulkit Gera) is from AY. There are a lot of you guys around haha.

Nice! D:
My school is definitely not a mark farm though- according to some graduated friends, the highest average last year was 95 (it was announced at graduation), and the person who had that mark went to Schulich.
Anyways, really hope coming from AY will be beneficial towards my enrollment. :P

And cool Bayview SS- is it true someone from there got accepted to Harvard this year? (heard so from a friend)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of idroptotems idroptotems

@Caroshin wrote

@viii wrote

Nice! D:
My school is definitely not a mark farm though- according to some graduated friends, the highest average last year was 95 (it was announced at graduation), and the person who had that mark went to Schulich.
Anyways, really hope coming from AY will be beneficial towards my enrollment. :P

And cool Bayview SS- is it true someone from there got accepted to Harvard this year? (heard so from a friend)

Yeah, the kid got a perfect score on his SAT's, got into harvard and YALE. He's a legit monster at academics and extracurrics. Everyone's asian in this school, things are so competitive.....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iMuffinsx3 iMuffinsx3
Actually, I think Marshall was 1 question away from perfect. :P
Something like combined 2380. Not to mention that next level cystic fibrosis cure. :(
I go to BSS too, and everyone IS asian.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of caveman caveman

@idroptotems wrote
Bayview secondary school representing here ;)
waterloo also bumps our marks :D

Waterloo only adjusts marks for engineering (and possibly math).
Was this helpful? Yes 0