yconic - Mark considered for Entrance awards & acceptances??
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Mark considered for Entrance awards & acceptances??

A photo of kitkat1 kitkat1
Does anyone know what mark the universities consider for the entrance scholarships?
First sem midterm/final? Or second sem midterm?
I am asking this cuz if its first sem midterm/final; eng makes a huge impact since it’s the avg eater for many':(
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Technically they will want to see your top 6 average, but if you have 85+ by 2nd sem midterm then you'll at least get one of the smaller entrance scholarships. They usually hold off on the 90+ and 95+ entrance scholarships until they see your final marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kitkat1 kitkat1
Thanks soo muchh, its such a relief that they hold of for the 90+ and 95+, especially for the 95+ one!
Um, I was also wondering which mark would go into calculating avg for acceptance purposes, eg. Im going to be apply to mac health sci, so would they use my first sem marks for admission avg? Im worried as I want my second sem marks to be considered as well (cuz its basically math and sci's) while this sem I have eng..
PS-But as they send acceptances in may- second sem midterm marks will also be available to uni's, wont they?
thanks soo much for your help!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
They will take into account your 2nd sem midterm marks unless the bulk of your top 6 subjects happen to be completed by the end of 1st sem and it's clear that it will be impossible for you to achieve 90%. Say you've completed 4/6 of your top 6 by the end of 1st sem and your average is 84% so far, you wouldn't make the 90% cutoff even if you got 100% in the remaining 2 subjects, so they would reject you right away before waiting to see your 2nd sem midterm marks. But for all other cases they would wait and see.

Was this helpful? Yes 0