yconic - Marks dropping!! Will UT cancel my offer?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Marks dropping!! Will UT cancel my offer?

A photo of winniet4521 winniet4521
I've been recently accepted by UofT SG campus for life sciences.
The letter gave me a website to check my terms and conditions, however, when i log in, the page becomes blank and i cant see anything :(
I've already sent an email to the admission office for help. The point is, since I still have to mail my term two transcript to UofT in April, but my AP calculus AB mark has dropped 16%... (from 95% to 79 :( )

does UofT look at each course individually? or as long as my avg reamains about the same as in term one then im fine?(my all other courses are getting higher than what i got in term one, except calc ....D: ) will UofT take away my offer just because of my calc mark? if i can bump my mark to like 85-86%, does it help?

really panicking right now! since i still cant check my offer conditions yet!
i want to hear any opinions from u guys, please!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
20 replies

A photo of mercenary mercenary
Ull be fine
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq
No you won't be fine, if your average drops more than 5% they'll take back the offer, usually they expect you to drop 2-3%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cosstickxx cosstickxx
Depends what average they expect you to keep, and if you can keep that/get that by the end of the year
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Qq wrote
No you won't be fine, if your average drops more than 5% they'll take back the offer, usually they expect you to drop 2-3%

but my avg remains the same!
if you look at calc individually, then yes, i did dropped a lot.
but other courses all are doing better now, which makes my avg stay about the same
as in term one.

do you mean "to drop 2-3%" for each course?
or the overall avg?

Was this helpful? Yes 0

@mercenary wrote
Ull be fine

i really hope that :(
since i still cant check my conditions and terms:(
they havent replied my e-mail yet....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leah93 leah93

@winniet4521 wrote

@mercenary wrote
Ull be fine

Try calling them. They are really nice and helpful :) (At least the lady I talked to was ;))
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@winniet4521 wrote

@mercenary wrote
Ull be fine

Usually they tell you on your acceptance letter (the one in the mail) what average you'll have to keep. Have you gotten that yet?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Oh snap, we need to send them our term 2 report card as well?!
I thought it was only term 1 since term 2 marks are sent through our PSI (assuming you're from BC?)
I dropped like 5% in Calculus too ><
But I think you would have a little more than 2-3% leeway in terms of conditional acceptance average, and thats 2-3% of your overall average, not each course.
I haven't gotten my letter in the mail yet either but I'm going to guess that the conditional average is probably in the low 80s.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote
I thought it was only term 1 since term 2 marks are sent through our PSI (assuming you're from BC?)
But I think you would have a little more than 2-3% leeway in terms of conditional acceptance average, and thats 2-3% of your overall average, not each course.
I haven't gotten my letter in the mail yet either but I'm going to guess that the conditional average is probably in the low 80s.

I'm not really sure what you're asking. Likewise, I'm not sure about the BC situation. But in Ontario you might get an acceptance now, but the school is going to get your midterm, as well as your final grades for second semester. If your average then is too low, they reserve the right to take your admission away and give it to someone who was put on the wait list who deserves it more (to be blunt haha)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Yeah I go to a linear school, so I have 3 terms instead of 2 semesters.
I sent my report card by snail mail once in December, but I didn't know I have to send my term 2 marks now either.
My average is still the same, since I rose 9% in another course, it's actually higher than first term now because of that rise.. just that my calculus dropped 5%.. so I still have a 4% leeway between the 2 courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@leah93 wrote

@winniet4521 wrote

@mercenary wrote
Ull be fine

Try calling them. They are really nice and helpful :) (At least the lady I talked to was ;))

yeah i think i'll do that tmr > <
im supposed to phone the admission and awards office right?
hope they will pick up my call, a friend of mine called them several times but they never picked up lol.....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cosstickxx wrote

@winniet4521 wrote

@mercenary wrote
Ull be fine

Usually they tell you on your acceptance letter (the one in the mail) what average you'll have to keep. Have you gotten that yet?

no i haven't got my hard copy acceptance letter yet,
but it does indicate the avg u need to keep right?
wooo that makes me feel better now, at least i knw there is another way
to check my conditions and terms... besides trying to log in that blank
page again and again....
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@cyynthiia wrote

i think we do need to send it because what i knw is that PSI only sends the final marks
(which is term 3+overall i guess, and yes im from BC :) ) and that happens in june i think.... but before that UT wants to knw ur term 2 marks once the report card is issued which is probably in late march.... so yeah....

5% sounds okay... i dropped like freakin 16% lol...
trying to make it up now, if i can bump my mark to 86% i'll be glad > <
but thanks for the opinion, it does make me feel better to knw that they look at the overall only :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq

@winniet4521 wrote

@Qq wrote

but my avg remains the same!
if you look at calc individually, then yes, i did dropped a lot.
but other courses all are doing better now, which makes my avg stay about the same
as in term one.

do you mean "to drop 2-3%" for each course?
or the overall avg?

Overall average; that's what it's all about but just to make sure call them
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@winniet4521 wrote

@cyynthiia wrote

i think we do need to send it because what i knw is that PSI only sends the final marks
(which is term 3+overall i guess, and yes im from BC :) ) and that happens in june i think.... but before that UT wants to knw ur term 2 marks once the report card is issued which is probably in late march.... so yeah....

5% sounds okay... i dropped like freakin 16% lol...
trying to make it up now, if i can bump my mark to 86% i'll be glad > <
but thanks for the opinion, it does make me feel better to knw that they look at the overall only :D

Nooooo PSI sends out marks twice.
They send them once in April with term 2 marks and then once again in July/Aug with your final marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom
I still have my UTSG acceptance letter. Here is exactly what it says:

"Please note that our offer of admission is conditional on your completing the required six credits, satisfying the Diploma requirement and maintaining consistent academic performance during the balance of your program. We encourage you to keep working hard to achieve the best possible final average. Your final results will be part of your permanent academic history and may be considered should you apply to professional programs in the future. We do reserve the right to withdraw this offer of admission if your final marks are significantly lower, particularly in any prerequisite subjects. The OUAC sends us final grades at the end of July and we conduct the review of final grades in August."

Was this helpful? Yes 0

^
But it doesn't tell you the actual percentage you need to maintain?
.______.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of littleroom littleroom

@cyynthiia wrote
^
But it doesn't tell you the actual percentage you need to maintain?
.______.

No, they just say you can't have a "significant" drop. That frustrated me as well. If it's worth anything, I think McMaster required my average not drop more than 10 percent. But as others have mentioned, the best thing to do is just call them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Okay if there's a 10% leeway, I'd be okay.
I consider a 2-3% average drop pretty significant, LOL.
But if it's in the 5-10% range, I'm good.
:bball:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JessaBrown JessaBrown
I wouldn't worry too much. Once a school sends you an offer of admission they tell you to atleast maintain the average to get into the program and to at least have a certain mark in subjects. Ex. I have to keep an average of 80% for one of my schools and cannot have lower than 82% in chemistry.
Was this helpful? Yes 0