yconic - Marks...
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Marks...

A photo of jaymeshaughnessy jaymeshaughnessy
Do universities look more at your overall average each time marks or sent into OUAC, or do they look at each inidividual mark and make decisions based on the marks you achieve for an individual course.

What if I have 2 courses that are 95 and 98, but one course is in the 70's. The course that is in the 70's is a recommended course but not a pre-requisite. Do i still have a shot at early acceptance, or acceptance to my prograrm overall, if one of my marks is substantially lower?

thanks.

Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
They look at your top 6 U or U/M courses, including English and other prerequisite courses that may be required for admission.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of superstar2011 superstar2011
To add to what Respects wrote, since they look at only 6 U/M, if you have 6 other marks that are above 70, the 70 will not count towards your admission average. 'Recommended' courses are courses that are likely to prepare you for your program but will not necessarily be included in your admission average.
Was this helpful? Yes 0