yconic - Mathematics (UW) and BBA (WLU) double degree question..bba crash course?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Mathematics (UW) and BBA (WLU) double degree question..bba crash course?

A photo of cpmixtape3 cpmixtape3
hey guys, i was just wondering whether the bba portion of the double degree is worth less, more, or exactly equivalent to the normal laurier bba program.

I would like to think its exact, but im afraid the mathematics portion might make the double degree bba seem like a crash course of hte normal bba laurier degree

whos going to this program in the fall? ill see you guys there!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of North North

@cpmixtape3 wrote
hey guys, i was just wondering whether the bba portion of the double degree is worth less, more, or exactly equivalent to the normal laurier bba program.

I would like to think its exact, but im afraid the mathematics portion might make the double degree bba seem like a crash course of hte normal bba laurier degree

whos going to this program in the fall? ill see you guys there!

Both parts of the program (BMath & BBA) are equivalent to their single degree counterparts.

You take all the required courses for a BMath.
You take all the required courses for a BBA.

The difference is you need to take more courses overall (52 v. 40) and you don't get electives. (well technically you get 4 electives)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of immaculatedx immaculatedx
You get a full degree and you're doing (mostly) the same core courses. You only get 5 BBA electives and 4 free electives at either UW/WLU whereas BBA students will get a lot more BBA electives.
Was this helpful? Yes 0