yconic - MCAT
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

MCAT

A photo of biosci biosci
What things did you get to study for the MCAT (people who self taught). I am not taking any expensive prep-courses. I seen some flash cards at Chapters...would they be any good?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
I got the Kaplan MCAT Premier and it was great.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Glischrochilus Glischrochilus
While I may be a tad too late to this particular virtual party to be of any real help, I will put forth some suggestions.

I am sitting in March; I began my self-studying approximately a month ago with some standard TPR materials (namely, the MCAT Biology Review, MCAT General Chemistry Review, MCAT Organic Chemistry Review, and MCAT Physics and Math Review).

I purchased these texts primarily to ensure that I was comfortable with all of the content that I would encounter on the examination; they're quite thorough, it appears, so I don't have to worry that I will fail to recall some crucial concept during review.

However, where that practice which is seemingly so integral to success on the M.C.A.T. is concerned, I think that Examkrackers is wonderfully useful. Slightly less famed than TPR and Kaplan, but most definitely worth examining. I have 101 Passages in MCAT Verbal Reasoning, MCAT Verbal Reasoning & Mathematical Techniques, 1001 Questions in MCAT Biology, and 1001 Questions in MCAT Organic Chemistry. The latter two constitute nice, fairly average drilling material, but the V.R. publications are indescribably useful. Verbal Reasoning & Mathematical Techniques has some very good exercises in critical thinking; 101 Passages really is similar enough to official A.A.M.C. preparatory materials to be helpful. I'd recommend taking a look if you're still searching!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of shalindrini shalindrini
hey im a medicine hopeful. ive gotten admitted to uottawa for health sc. this year - is that good for pre-med????
Was this helpful? Yes 0