yconic - McDonalds
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McDonalds

A photo of xphat xphat
Whats your favourite thing to order at McDonalds?

I vowed to never eat it again after a 4-day streak....
I calculated... and thats 12720 calories of fast-food.
THANK GOD FOR A FAST METABOLISM.
I'm pretty sure that the elliptical at the gym is calling my name though..

P.S: I'm not giving up McFlurry.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
71 replies

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia
Ughhh McDicks......
I vowed to never eat a burger from there since grade 9... I haven't touched it since then.
Disgusting.

I used to eat either a McChicken or Big Mac every other day for lunch, but I also stopped eating beef in grade 9, so that cut out a lot of options.
I'd honestly spend a few extra dollars and get something that won't clog my arteries.

The one thing I really love at McDonalds is their Fruit and Yogurt Parfait even though it's a LOT of sugar..
or an iced coffee on occasion.
Refuse to buy anything else.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Outstanding restaurant! The best one out there!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo
McDonald's is probably actually one of the better fast food restaurants (at least of the ones that mostly serve fried foods). I say this because it actually takes proactive measures to make its food healthier (e.g. using trans fat-free cooking oils), while keeping its food tasty.

I think it's unfair to blame a restaurant for your choosing to eat unhealthy, and you can't expect fried foods to be healthy.

P.S. as part of a nutrition course I'm taking, I had to keep a diet diary. In one day, I had 5400 calories. Cheap wing nights will do that to a guy.

Oh yeah, to answer your question: Chicken McNuggets with sweet and sour sauce.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kenissetrotman123 kenissetrotman123
I think that whoever blames McDonald's for being fattening & unhealthy is ridiculously stupid. Majority of the fast food places are unhealthy but they're completely fine if you eat it onlt once in a while. It's going to get expensive and then when you start gaining weight you rip on McDicks; use some temperance people.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@kenissetrotman123 wrote
I think that whoever blames McDonald's for being fattening & unhealthy is ridiculously stupid. Majority of the fast food places are unhealthy but they're completely fine if you eat it onlt once in a while. It's going to get expensive and then when you start gaining weight you rip on McDicks; use some temperance people.

+1

The people who sued McDonalds are much worse than McDonalds itself.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
Mcgangbang....hahaha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq

@ARMY101 wrote
Outstanding restaurant! The best one out there!

LOL!

Was this helpful? Yes 0

McFlurry <3
Their Yogurt Parfaits are pretty good too. I haven't ate at McDonald's in a very long time though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of JamieMctavish JamieMctavish
I have not eaten at mcdicks in quite a while.
I used to work there and we dared this kid to eat a chicken nugget and this kid was algeric to chicken so we wanted to see if itd affect him, it didnt, so i suspect they dont even use real meat in most of their food. oh and one of their trademarks "100% Real beef" thats a company that mcdonalds owns, so who knows what the hell is in most of the stuff you consume when you eat there.
but staying on topic id say favourite thing are the fries haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Fries, hands down.

And why can't they have Dr Pepper like in the States?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mynameismattgotmlgo mynameismattgotmlgo

@JamieMctavish wrote
I have not eaten at mcdicks in quite a while.
I used to work there and we dared this kid to eat a chicken nugget and this kid was algeric to chicken so we wanted to see if itd affect him, it didnt, so i suspect they dont even use real meat in most of their food. oh and one of their trademarks "100% Real beef" thats a company that mcdonalds owns, so who knows what the hell is in most of the stuff you consume when you eat there.
but staying on topic id say favourite thing are the fries haha

First of all, who has a chicken allergy? Maybe a chicken intolerance? Even still...

Second of all, there are government food inspectors that, sometimes under anonymity, ensure that the food we eat is what companies claim it is.

Another kick-@ss item at McDick's is the coffee. Add in a shot of vanilla flavouring, and you have the best coffee I've ever had.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of leviaidan leviaidan

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote
Another kick-@ss item at McDick's is the coffee. Add in a shot of vanilla flavouring, and you have the best coffee I've ever had.

I hate the coffee there. Worst thing I've ever had.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@JamieMctavish wrote
I used to work there and we dared this kid to eat a chicken nugget and this kid was algeric to chicken so we wanted to see if itd affect him, it didnt, so i suspect they dont even use real meat in most of their food.

First of all, what you did was disgusting and highly illegal. If that guy got sick or died you'd be in on HUGE criminal charges.

Secondly, yes, the meat we use is real - it's plain ol' regular ground beef and chicken breast, just like you'd find at any butcher shop or grocery store. If you worked there for any significant period of time, you'd know that.

oh and one of their trademarks "100% Real beef" thats a company that mcdonalds owns, so who knows what the hell is in most of the stuff you consume when you eat there.

You defeated your own response. A trademark is a name or slogan a company uses, not the company name itself. Even beyond that, you're just stating another stupid myth that has been disproven time and time again. See http://www.snopes.com/business/market/allbeef.asp
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@leviaidan wrote

@mynameismattgotmlgo wrote

I hate the coffee there. Worst thing I've ever had.

The coffee has been blind taste-tested and proven to be better than Starbucks and even Tim Hortons :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@g93 wrote

Because McDonald's Canada has a contract to exclusively only sell Coca Cola drinks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kraken kraken
McFlurries are ok. Or nuggets with honey.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93

@ARMY101 wrote

@g93 wrote

Because McDonald's Canada has a contract to exclusively only sell Coca Cola drinks.

I know why, I just really love Dr Pepper :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of linakohli linakohli
its so gross, not to mention terrible for ur health

after i eat it, i always get a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@linakohli wrote
not to mention terrible for ur health

Not true. McDonald's - alongside any other fast food - can be part of a healthy diet.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Qq Qq

@ARMY101 wrote

@linakohli wrote

Not true. McDonald's - alongside any other fast food - can be part of a healthy diet.

Prove it
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@Qq wrote

@ARMY101 wrote

@linakohli wrote

Prove it

People eat there all the time and nothing happens to them - they eat it in moderation and they still continue to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Any food can be part of your diet, without killing you when it's in moderation.

For example, when I worked there, during the summer I was working 5 days a week, about 9 or 10 hours a day. Some days I was eating every meal there, and then even bringing some food home for the night or the next morning. I didn't gain any weight, and I remained healthy.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted