yconic - McGill - Desautels (Commerce)
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill - Desautels (Commerce)

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hey guys,

I was wondering how McGill's Commerce program is compared to Schulich, Ivey, Queen's, Waterloo? To be more specific, I would most likely go into finance, with an emphasis on math, (hence Waterloo).

As well, because I live in Ontario, what's the process for applying to McGill?

Thanks,

VladimirB
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@VladimirB wrote
Hey guys,

I was wondering how McGill's Commerce program is compared to Schulich, Ivey, Queen's, Waterloo? To be more specific, I would most likely go into finance, with an emphasis on math, (hence Waterloo).

As well, because I live in Ontario, what's the process for applying to McGill?

Thanks,

VladimirB

I dont really know much about Schulich. For Ivey, although ppl say its one of the best business programs in Canada, I dont really think that way. You only get your last 2 years to do business thru Ivey and its all case-based, so you dont get much theory at the end.

Queens is pretty good, although its kinda picky as to your ECs.

If I were you, i'd go with Mcgill because their business program is fairly good compared to other universities and its world recognized.

Apply to Mcgill from Ontario, you need to go onto mcgill's website and fill out the application, if you have the OUAC number then provide them with it, so they'll get your marks automatically thru OUAC. The application fee I believe is 100$ and its only mark based, so make sure you have at least 92+
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aeryn aeryn
You're SURE you want to do finance? Pick Ivey or Queen's. Not so sure? Waterloo, McGill or Schulich.

Like Joshki said, you apply on McGill's website and OUAC will send your marks to them. It's pretty much entirely mark-based though; they don't ask about your EC's or experiences.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of joshdmcc joshdmcc
Just a question, does anyone know if there is a minimum mark for grade 12 english? I ask this because my mark in it now is a 75 (hoping to raise it to an 80)... but my other marks are low-high 90's. I just don't want my english mark to botch everything.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LampShade LampShade
Yeah, generally, English should be above 80. And yeah, McGill gives you LOTS of options to explore in its Management program, so if you're not sure, you will have a better chance to figure it out here.
Was this helpful? Yes 0