yconic - McGill - Lectures with conferences
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill - Lectures with conferences

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Hi all,

I'm a recently a 2nd year transfer student from UofT to McGill. I am trying to register for courses, and noticed that some of my courses have conferences attached with them. I noticed also that the conferences are only offered while the lecture is supposed take place. Can someone explain what conferences are and why are they simultaneous with their respective lectures?

I'm also wondering if any current McGill students in Arts&Science find their schedules to be overloaded with courses? I have classes 5 days a week between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm, totalling 15-20 hours a week. That's only with 4 classes per semester for Arts! Do you ever feel like it's too much?

I'm starting to think transferring was a bad idea because UofT had an amazing way of organizing courses (the option to have courses 1 day a week or 3, and at the same hours for 2 semesters for full-year courses...
Was this helpful? Yes 0
0 replies