yconic - McGill Acceptance? Worried student...
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill Acceptance? Worried student...

A photo of BOttawa BOttawa

@BOttawa wrote
What are my chances of getting in?

Decent. You're borderline.

Is there a chance I will get early acceptance?

No.

My school is the number 1 school in ontario and i think 3rd in the country so will they take that into account?

No, they don't have time to check the reputation of high schools.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Zion Zion

@BOttawa wrote
What are my chances of getting in?

Decent. You're borderline.

Is there a chance I will get early acceptance?

No.

My school is the number 1 school in ontario and i think 3rd in the country so will they take that into account?

No, they don't have time to check the reputation of high schools.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of moodeline moodeline
McGill has said that they explicitly prefer the full diploma, so I doubt your IB certificates will have any bearing. And btw your school is not the top Ontario school:P Not even close... And I have a 90 in full IB and haven't heard back yet, so I would doubt you have
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of cyynthiia cyynthiia

@moodeline wrote
McGill has said that they explicitly prefer the full diploma, so I doubt your IB certificates will have any bearing. And btw your school is not the top Ontario school:P Not even close... And I have a 90 in full IB and haven't heard back yet, so I would doubt you have

Ouch.
LOL.
Karma is out to get you now.
;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Yummy Yummy

@BOttawa wrote
hey :)
I go to Colonel By s.s in Ottawa and first term I had an 89% average and now second term i have an 88.4% average. I have applied to the faculty of Arts and want to major in political sciences. What are my chances of getting in? Is there a chance I will get early acceptance?

* I know my average is going up next term i think i will have around a 90-92%
* My school is the number 1 school in ontario and i think 3rd in the country so will they take that into account?
* oh and i also did 3 years of IB g9-11 and got 3 IB certificates ( i did g12 courses last year)

Thanks! :)

Colonel By is not the top school in Ontario, let alone Canada. However, it is the top school in Ottawa. You'll have very good chances with a Top 6 ~90%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CB2011 CB2011
wooooo!! CB!! Whatever other people say, i still think CB is the best highschool ever :P You'll most likely get into McGill arts with any mark over 90, so dont be worried!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0