yconic - McGill Admission Decision???!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill Admission Decision???!

A photo of BladeOfDestiny BladeOfDestiny
So, I'm a student who applied to the BSc. program from Ontario. I knew I wasn't going to get early admission. I go to a semestered school, and we just got out midterms for second sem. The marks haven't even been sent to OUAC yet, so McGill doesn't have them either. I checked my app status on minerva yesterday and it said "refused-academic req not met". But, how did they make a decision before even getting at my interim marks? My top 6 marks are Bio, Chem, Calc and Vectors, English, Drama, and Environment & Resource Management. They've only had access to my English and chem mark so far, all my other courses are this semester. Anyone have any idea what's going on? I'm seriously freaking out! Please Help!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I recommend you call McGill admissions office immediately and ask.
There is no one here who can answer that question, I don't think.

Good luck :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of halestorm29 halestorm29
I agree with Daruki35. Perhaps they made a mistake, or your English mark was too low, or you aren't taking the required prerequisites. I really can't say for sure. Definitely contact admissions ASAP!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Thanks for the advice. I've e-mailed the admissions officer for Ontario as I can't phone them due to the long weekend. I'm going to call tuesday when the phones are back on again.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh, and I don't think my English mark is too low, it's a 90, my chem mark is an 80, which is within the admission standards for the past few years. My remain marks to be sent are 96 env & resource management, 91 dramatic arts-production, 93 calculus and vectors, and 82 for biology. I know I don't got the 91.5, but I still have somewhat of a shot. I know some people who got in with an 83 last year from my school. Thanks again for the advice, you're all awesome! :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TheLaw TheLaw

@BladeOfDestiny wrote
Oh, and I don't think my English mark is too low, it's a 90, my chem mark is an 80, which is within the admission standards for the past few years. My remain marks to be sent are 96 env & resource management, 91 dramatic arts-production, 93 calculus and vectors, and 82 for biology. I know I don't got the 91.5, but I still have somewhat of a shot. I know some people who got in with an 83 last year from my school. Thanks again for the advice, you're all awesome! :D

I believe their conditions are that no science mark below 85 or 87.5 for this year. But it doesn't hurt to contact them, usually they are pretty quick with emails.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@TheLaw wrote

@BladeOfDestiny wrote

I believe their conditions are that no science mark below 85 or 87.5 for this year. But it doesn't hurt to contact them, usually they are pretty quick with emails.

Awww! :( That's really depressing. Wow, this sucks, but I'll def wait until I hear back from them. I hope it's not true though. :( Nonetheless thanks for the info.
Was this helpful? Yes 0