yconic - McGill & Repeated Provincial Exams
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill & Repeated Provincial Exams

A photo of imaklutzzz imaklutzzz
I did the English Provincial exam last year and almost failed it so I retook it this year and did a much better job. I'm applying to McGill and I know that they take the average of repeated course marks but would they also take the average of provincial exam marks? I'm really worried. This is basically what they say on their website:

"In cases where BC students choose to write the provincial exam, the final examination result as well as the school grades will be taken into consideration in the McGill admission decision. Where students opt not to write the provincial exam in a subject, the school grade alone will be taken into account. In all cases, students are expected to disclose fully to McGill all academic studies and results."

The"final examination result" part is misleading...
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@imaklutzzz wrote
I did the English Provincial exam last year and almost failed it so I retook it this year and did a much better job. I'm applying to McGill and I know that they take the average of repeated course marks but would they also take the average of provincial exam marks? I'm really worried. This is basically what they say on their website:

"In cases where BC students choose to write the provincial exam, the final examination result as well as the school grades will be taken into consideration in the McGill admission decision. Where students opt not to write the provincial exam in a subject, the school grade alone will be taken into account. In all cases, students are expected to disclose fully to McGill all academic studies and results."

The"final examination result" part is misleading...

hey, once i;m banned from student awards, how can i come back? Can I just make another account, or do they blocl my Ip address?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of purpledog purpledog
Doesn't the English provincial (for BC) count for 40% of your mark? If that's the case then it would be included in your actual class mark... so if you just took the provincial I'm thinking they would consider it somehow since it's weighted so heavily. Does that even make sense? Either way, if you did really well on it this year I wouldn't worry too much about it. If your other marks are decent you'll get it :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0