yconic - McGill Architecture
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill Architecture

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Saw some people here got offers from Mcgill already and my status is still "Further review required", so I was just wondering if the all the offers are out yet.

I am really nervous right now since I got rejected from Waterloo and only got accepted to UM and UBC (applied to carleton as well).
Was this helpful? Yes 0
16 replies

A photo of youstoppedmakingsense youstoppedmakingsense

@Iancsy wrote
Saw some people here got offers from Mcgill already and my status is still "Further review required", so I was just wondering if the all the offers are out yet.

I am really nervous right now since I got rejected from Waterloo and only got accepted to UM and UBC (applied to carleton as well).

Um have you sent in all your documents yet? Like transcripts, portfolio, or maybe English proficiency proof (if you need one)?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This taken off the Minerva website:

Further Review Required

Undergraduate students: We are unable to make an admission decision as your file is still incomplete. Please verify your Checklist and submit requirements as soon as possible. Once the missing requirement(s) is received, your file will be reviewed again.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@youstoppedmakingsense wrote

@Iancsy wrote

Um have you sent in all your documents yet? Like transcripts, portfolio, or maybe English proficiency proof (if you need one)?

Yeah they recieved all three of them already. Do you know if they have sent out all the offers yet? Are they even going to tell me I am rejected...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I doubt they sent out all the offers, I know a couple of people who's files are still "ready for review" and they meet the minimum requirements
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Just wondering, youstoppedmakingsense or other people who are accepted to Mcgill arch, what is your average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SiobhanE SiobhanE
I got into McGill Arch on April 8th and at my Top 6 average was a 96%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@SiobhanE wrote
I got into McGill Arch on April 8th and at my Top 6 average was a 96%

Oh no...seems like they are right.
http://forums.studentawards.com/yaf_postst24909p7_Has-anyone-been-accepted-to-McGill-Architecture.aspx
people with 93 will probably end up on the wait list even with a good portfolio?
My average is only 94.2 and it is going down! Do you think if they are that strict on the marks? I don't know what to do if I got rejected from them.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Your average seems amazing to me! I do think that McGill is really strict on marks, as in, they take pride in having some of the highest acceptance averages in the country. But your marks seem to be a lot higher than necessary for it. I mean, they say its a 91% cut off. Just keep waiting,you'll probably hear back from them within the week :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Anyone here still waiting? i'm getting really nervous since i don't see anyone talking about Mcgill arch here anymore..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I don't mean to be pessimistic at all or anything but the final date for us to accept our offers of admission is May 20th
Was this helpful? Yes 0

oops sorry i'm from Manitoba, not Ontario. but i was just wondering if anyone here are still waiting because seems like everyone have heard from them already. and my UBC offer expires june 1st.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of youstoppedmakingsense youstoppedmakingsense
I got 96% as well. I've heard people getting in with an avg. like 91% (although that was two years ago and the cut-off fluctuates every year). Besides,an amazing portfolio certainly does help! 94.2% is not a bad mark at all, but I think it's a bit strange that your status says 'Further Review Required' if you've already submitted all the documents. If they HAVEN'T made the decision whether to accept you or not they'll put 'Ready for Review' in your status; if they decided to put you on the waitlist, I believe they'll notify you by changing your status to 'Waitlisted' or something like that. So if your status is still 'Further Review Required', there might be something missing from your files. I'd be the best to call them just to clear things up!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of juicetan juicetan

@Iancsy wrote
Just wondering, youstoppedmakingsense or other people who are accepted to Mcgill arch, what is your average?

My average was is in the low 90's.
Admission is only half based on marks, the other half is portfolio.

@SiobhanE wrote
I don't mean to be pessimistic at all or anything but the final date for us to accept our offers of admission is May 20th

I had to accept the offer and put down a deposit in April, so my guess is that there could be deadlines past May 20th. I agree that it is getting close to the end though. Hopefully you'll hear from them soon.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of dommyno dommyno
I'm also waiting for the decision of McGill Arch and CivEng.
Yesterday, I just found out on the Minerva that they require further review. It is listed that they have not received my English proficiency proof yet, which is confusing because I have sent them my IELTS result and confirmed if they have received my IELTS scores.

Hopefully the process goes smoothly. :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@dommyno wrote
I'm also waiting for the decision of McGill Arch and CivEng.
Yesterday, I just found out on the Minerva that they require further review. It is listed that they have not received my English proficiency proof yet, which is confusing because I have sent them my IELTS result and confirmed if they have received my IELTS scores.

Hopefully the process goes smoothly. :(

If everything is received, then don't worry about it because they told me the status won't go back to ready to review.

Where else did you apply? I don't know if I should stay for UM or go to UBC...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Im on the waiting list now. Anyone knows what is the chance the get in when they are waitlisted?
Was this helpful? Yes 0