yconic - McGill Arts Admission? PLEASE HELP!!
Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill Arts Admission? PLEASE HELP!!

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
So I submitted my application to McGill on December 10th, with my first choice being the Arts and Science program and my second choice being the Arts program. However, I now do not want to do the Arts and Science program, and won't get in anyway, as I decided not to take Calculus, which is a prerequisite. I'm pretty sure McGill is my number one choice, and really want to be accepted into the Arts program - are they less likely to accept me because I've listed it as my second choice?? Should I cancel my Arts and Science one and/or write them a letter or something?? My average right now is 86.2%, which will probably be brought up to around 89-90% by the time my second semester mid-terms have been submitted. I'm getting pretty nervous, as I go to an Ontario high school and early admissions are only being offered within the next ten days, and I don't want to wait until May to hear from them! I've already been accepted to Dalhousie, Mount Allison, Huron at Western, McMaster, Guelph, and Queen's, and still need to hear from U of T, UBC, Western (main campus) and McGill. Please someone answer quickly!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies
A photo of Rainkist Rainkist
I wouldn't fret too much - they evaluate each of your applications separately, and the rankings shouldn't make them consider your Arts app any less seriously. It shouldn't change your circumstances. I did the same thing as you and got rejected from Art/Sci, but was accepted into Arts a few days later. As long as your requirements are there, and your average is high enough - that's a whole other question. Good luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of katherinealida katherinealida
They'll look at both programs. I applied to education and arts, and they considered both. I wouldn't stress out too much! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0