yconic - McGill arts admissions
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill arts admissions

A photo of apples123 apples123
I am an Ontario student. I keep researching what the cutoff may be for McGill arts program!! some people say 86-88...some say I need over 90% to have a chance...does anyone know what the cutoff was last year?
Also, how high above the cutoff do I want to aim to be to feel good about getting in?
thank you!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of ExplorerMF ExplorerMF

@apples123 wrote
I am an Ontario student. I keep researching what the cutoff may be for McGill arts program!! some people say 86-88...some say I need over 90% to have a chance...does anyone know what the cutoff was last year?
Also, how high above the cutoff do I want to aim to be to feel good about getting in?
thank you!!

Here you go! http://www.mcgill.ca/applying/standards/ontario/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Siri Siri
I'm at McGill in Arts and I graduated from Ontario (93% average). I know people who got in with an 87, but I say you're guaranteed acceptance at 90.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly
I got in with an 85% last year in mid-April. They're not as picky as everyone thinks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of picottj001 picottj001

@prmly wrote
I got in with an 85% last year in mid-April. They're not as picky as everyone thinks.

Are you from Ontario?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kaileykittykat kaileykittykat
I just got accepted last week to the arts program, with an 89% average, if that helps you at all...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of katherinealida katherinealida
I was just accepted to arts, though I'm not from Ontario (I'm from New Brunswick) with a 95.4% average. I'd say if you are around the cut-off you're more then likely fine! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of picottj001 picottj001
I have a top 6 of 89.3% and still haven't heard from Mcgill :bounce:
Was this helpful? Yes 0