yconic - McGill BCom - How Strict Are Prerequisite Mark Requirements?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill BCom - How Strict Are Prerequisite Mark Requirements?

A photo of levittron levittron
Hello all,

I got into McGill Arts today, but my Commerce acceptance is "Ready for Review." I wasn't surprised at this because I'm below last year's cutoff.

My top 6 including prereqs is 92.16%, while the cutoff is supposedly 92.5%. My calc mark is holding me back from obtaining the 92.5, because I got an 80% in the course. Also, the minimum requirement for math is an 83%, so I don't meet that requirement

So, should I expect to not get in since I don't meet the calculus / average cutoffs?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@levittron wrote
Hello all,

I got into McGill Arts today, but my Commerce acceptance is "Ready for Review." I wasn't surprised at this because I'm below last year's cutoff.

My top 6 including prereqs is 92.16%, while the cutoff is supposedly 92.5%. My calc mark is holding me back from obtaining the 92.5, because I got an 80% in the course. Also, the minimum requirement for math is an 83%, so I don't meet that requirement

So, should I expect to not get in since I don't meet the calculus / average cutoffs?

yeh you need 83+ in every math course that are in your top 6, so if your calc mark is below 83, then sadly you wont get in.

If you are able to bring up your calc mark, with 92.5, your looking at regular admission and i thought the cut off is 92..

Also, im assuming your from ontario since you said "top 6", but how come you got accepted to arts today when early acceptance starts on march 1..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A lot of my friends got into McGill today - I didn't think it started before March either, but hey, no complaints!

Unfortunately, I completed Calc in the summer. I assumed that the lowest mark accepted was an 80, just like it is for Queen's Commerce, but that was my own fault.

I have a 95 in Data right now; I wish that could be used to make up for the 3% that I lack in calculus!

Good luck with your acceptances.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki
Another thing, what did your status change to before you got accepted?

cuz for both arts and business, my status went from "ready for review" this morning to "decision release date- Mar 01, 2012"..

Given my mark in mid 90s, does it mean that im accepted and mcgill wants to wait till march 1 to notice me since on its website it says early acceptance starts on march 1..

Was this helpful? Yes 0

Are you in Ontario? My art page says "Admitted Pending Final Results," aka I can't fail high school. It doesn't say on my Commerce one that it's waiting for the 1st of March.

Hang tight - I know people who were below 90 who got in today for arts. A few select people got into Eng / Com, but they are all 96+.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki
Yeh man, im from ontario. its weird to me that you guys got in today whereas mine updated to that... im guessing that i'll have to wait for 2 more days to see whether i've been accepted or not..
Was this helpful? Yes 0