yconic - McGill Bursary
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill Bursary

A photo of luckycharms luckycharms
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows how McGill's bursaries work. Do they either say yes or no to the amount you request, or do they just look at the amount you request and use it in their decision? Thanks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of NerdmobileDriver NerdmobileDriver
You request a certain amount, but they ultimately decide how much to give you (so I guess they just use it in their decision). I have a feeling it doesn't make a difference what you ask for unless they would have given you more than you asked for, in which case they cap it at that amount (**this is a theory**). I asked for $4000 and got $3000, so I'm not complaining. :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of colakid123 colakid123
Nerdmobile Driver is probably right about the asked amount thing. I asked for $5000 and got $2000, but honestly, my family's financial situation is not bad and I'm pretty happy. Especially because I heard McGill was low on funds...any truth to that?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
did the bursary application deadline pass already? how do you apply?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

A photo of NerdmobileDriver NerdmobileDriver
The deadline for bursary applications is 30 days after the date of your offer of admission or June 30, whichever comes first.
Source:
http://www.mcgill.ca/studentaid/awards/prospective

You apply on minerva
Go to financial aid/awards-->financial aid menu-->apply for entrance bursary
Was this helpful? Yes 0