yconic - McGill Civil Engineering
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill Civil Engineering

A photo of krankd krankd
Just got accepted today, has anyone else gotten an offer of acceptance to any McGill engineering programs? If so, do you know what conditions there are? It doesn't say on my Minerva page
Was this helpful? Yes 0
15 replies

A photo of university20121994 university20121994
are you from Ontario? My mcgill status still is Ready for Review
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of krankd krankd
No I'm from Alberta, I wasn't expecting to get in because I heard it was super difficult to get into McGill if you're from the west. Are you from Ontario?
Yeah mine said ready for review for a long time until I checked my Minverva today and it said "Admitted Pending Final Results".
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of university20121994 university20121994
Yes, I am from Ontario. Did you have all request courses( 2 science and calculus) marks? I only have 5 marks for 4u and taking calculus and physics this term.
what is your average if you do not mind?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of krankd krankd
I had physics, math 30 (your equivalence to advanced functions) and calculus done in grade 11. I didn't get the chance to submit my interim chemistry mark and English mark so they must have used the grade 11 marks.
I think my top 6 average for my self reported grades was around 92%
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maelong maelong

@krankd wrote
Just got accepted today, has anyone else gotten an offer of acceptance to any McGill engineering programs? If so, do you know what conditions there are? It doesn't say on my Minerva page

hey i'm from alberta too, did you send a transcript? mid-term transcript?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of krankd krankd
I didn't send them a transcript yet, I just did the self report. I self reported once I had my final in class marks, but before diplomas. I don't really think it mattered though, my only diploma course was social studies :P
Did you apply for civil engineering at McGill?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ghanooj1 Ghanooj1
I GOT ACCEPTED TO CIVIL TODAY!!!! SOOOOO STOCKED! :cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of alexandrasiu alexandrasiu
sorry this is not related to civil engineering, but on the topic of mcgill architecture,

did you hear anything yet? my status still says Ready for Review.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of krankd krankd
My status is still "items outstanding". according to the tracking on my portfolio they received it today. I still have to resubmit my self reported grades.
I don't think they'll be doing acceptances until at least mid march when they have had the chance to look at all of the portfolios.
Have you sent in your portfolio already?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of alexandrasiu alexandrasiu
Oh that might explain it, since the deadline for portfolios is on march 10th.
and yes, i mailed it in on Feb. 22nd and they received it on Feb. 27th.
anyways good luck! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@krankd wrote
I didn't send them a transcript yet, I just did the self report. I self reported once I had my final in class marks, but before diplomas. I don't really think it mattered though, my only diploma course was social studies :P
Did you apply for civil engineering at McGill?

oh really, you just got accepted with self reported marks? did you finish all the needed courses in gr12? you must have applied early huh? cause for regular it says i can self report from march 1st
do you know if we retake diploma, whether it counts as repeated or not?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of krankd krankd
Yeah I've never sent in a transcript to McGill yet. I had physics 30, math 30 and math 31 done in grade 11, submitted my art 30 and social 30 in class marks for their self-report. Yeah I applied in November I think.
I'm not too sure, I think there was a topic around a while ago asking about that but I don't remember what they said in it. Are you from Calgary?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@krankd wrote
Yeah I've never sent in a transcript to McGill yet. I had physics 30, math 30 and math 31 done in grade 11, submitted my art 30 and social 30 in class marks for their self-report. Yeah I applied in November I think.
I'm not too sure, I think there was a topic around a while ago asking about that but I don't remember what they said in it. Are you from Calgary?

Do we need to send them a mid term transcript though? or is self-reporting cover mid term transcript marks?
and yes i live in Calgary, are u from calgary as well?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of krankd krankd
No I don't think so, I'm just going to update my self reported grades once I get an updated mark.
Yeah I'm from Calgary too, what high school do you go to?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@krankd wrote
No I don't think so, I'm just going to update my self reported grades once I get an updated mark.
Yeah I'm from Calgary too, what high school do you go to?

wow really> then i think i'm just gonna retake diploma, and put good marks for now.
they make decisions by self reporting?! that's kinda weird
my mark dropped like crazy coz of dip :@: :@: :@: :@:
where do you go?
Was this helpful? Yes 0