yconic - McGill Commerce Rejected?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill Commerce Rejected?

A photo of dreamswharton dreamswharton
My sister just recently got admitted to McGill Arts, her average TOP 6 is a 92 on the dot. However her first choice status which is Management still says 'Ready for Review'? Does this mean she's rejected?

Or is it because Arts and Management are two different faculties and they will look at them at different times?

Ontario student btw, and does she have a chance to make into the demanding Management program with an average of one per cent higher than the cut-off?

Any input is appreciated.

Cheers!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
37 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
Ready for review =/= Rejected

Unless it says rejected, she's not rejected.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jenyouwin jenyouwin
ready for review means her application is ready for the admissions people to look at.

the "cut-off" was based off last year's. just because you are over last year's standard does not mean you get in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Slowwy Slowwy
I think commerce and Arts are two different faculty and therefore they give acceptances out at different times as well. If you are rejected, it would say "Refuesed, requirement not met"
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Slowwy Slowwy
I think commerce and Arts are two different faculty and therefore they give acceptances out at different times as well. If you are rejected, it would say "Refuesed, requirement not met"
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Alright, thanks for the clarification. I just thought it was weird that McGill didn't accept her both programs at the same time.

Does she have a good chance of getting in from what you guys have noticing in the forums?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Jane239 Jane239

@dreamswharton wrote
Alright, thanks for the clarification. I just thought it was weird that McGill didn't accept her both programs at the same time.

Does she have a good chance of getting in from what you guys have noticing in the forums?

I think so, she seems to stand a good chance. The next round starts May 13th and continues until May 20th so I'm sure she'll get accepted then. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

This post was deleted

She got accepted into Arts during the early acceptance dates, but her marks were not sufficient to be considered for early acceptance for Management.

There was some confusion last week on the forums regarding this year's Management minima so I called the admissions office. The guy nicely replied that this year's early admission requirements was a minimum of 83% in your Math courses and a Top 6 overall minimum of 93%. They haven't finalized the overall minima, that is the minima for general admissions which is starting on the 13th of May, yet. I've cross referenced the posts from last year's acceptances during the early acceptance phase and last year's early acceptance minima was around the 93% range as well, so it would be fair to assume that this year the overall minima wouldn't change that considerably, if at all.

tl;dr. Your sister has a very good chance, in my opinion at least. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@Jane239 wrote

@dreamswharton wrote

I think so, she seems to stand a good chance. The next round starts May 13th and continues until May 20th so I'm sure she'll get accepted then. :)

Oh really May 13-20? Thanks a lot, just the information I was looking for.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Daruki35 wrote
She got accepted into Arts during the early acceptance dates, but her marks were not sufficient to be considered for early acceptance for Management.

There was some confusion last week on the forums regarding this year's Management minima so I called the admissions office. The guy nicely replied that this year's early admission requirements was a minimum of 83% in your Math courses and a Top 6 overall minimum of 93%. They haven't finalized the overall minima, that is the minima for general admissions which is starting on the 13th of May, yet. I've cross referenced the posts from last year's acceptances during the early acceptance phase and last year's early acceptance minima was around the 93% range as well, so it would be fair to assume that this year the overall minima wouldn't change that considerably, if at all.

Hmm that seems to make sense. Hopefully the cut-off will still be 91 so my sister doesn't cry or anything haha. Thanks for the info!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs

@Daruki35 wrote

Oh snap! Thanks for clearing that up, fingers crossed so nervous!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fullforceRC fullforceRC
I just got accepted today :) Out of the blue lol!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@fullforceRC wrote

What was your TOP 6 Average? :o
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of fullforceRC fullforceRC

@Daruki35 wrote

@fullforceRC wrote

93 :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@fullforceRC wrote

@Daruki35 wrote

@fullforceRC wrote

93 :)

Congratz! :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Slowwy Slowwy
looks like everyone with a 93+ got in..It seems to me that the cutoff this year would be 93 >.<
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of goldmansachs goldmansachs

@fullforceRC wrote

Congrats man! Was it a 93.0 or above that? And do you think that is the end of the acceptances or is there more to come? Also you are an Ontario student right? Lol sitting here with a 92, w/o acceptance depressed :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of halestorm29 halestorm29

@goldmansachs wrote

@fullforceRC wrote

Congrats man! Was it a 93.0 or above that? And do you think that is the end of the acceptances or is there more to come? Also you are an Ontario student right? Lol sitting here with a 92, w/o acceptance depressed :(

Lol I don't see how that could be the end of acceptances as the designated acceptance dates for Ontario students haven't even begun.. unless they're only using that week to send rejection/waitlist letters haha. And it's weird that fullforceRC got accepted at the apparent 'minimum' that has been said (if they're an Ontario student) before the scheduled dates of admission. I could understand that I got into arts earlier because my average was fairly higher than the minimum... Hmm...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@halestorm29 wrote

@goldmansachs wrote

@fullforceRC wrote

Lol I don't see how that could be the end of acceptances as the designated acceptance dates for Ontario students haven't even begun.. unless they're only using that week to send rejection/waitlist letters haha. And it's weird that fullforceRC got accepted at the apparent 'minimum' that has been said (if they're an Ontario student) before the scheduled dates of admission. I could understand that I got into arts earlier because my average was fairly higher than the minimum... Hmm...

Unless, of course, you are right, they have begun their acceptances early, and the minima for Management is the same as last year's, just like the minima for Arts is the same, thus it would mean his average is also "fairly higher than the minimum."

I daresay the Arts program is more renowned than McGill's Management program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0