yconic - McGill Desautels for Commerce
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill Desautels for Commerce

A photo of Joshki Joshki
Hi guys,
So im applying to McGill for commerce this fall and I've looked up on their webstites, I didnt really find anything about supplemental applications or essays required. So, does it mean that I dont have to submit anything and they'll just look at my top 6U/M courses? If so, that's stupid..
Was this helpful? Yes 0
9 replies

A photo of aeryn aeryn
Yeah, McGill's like that. They focus a lot on marks.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki
thats sick...their minimum average is 92%, guess i'll have to get at least 95%.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of NoToRiouSDIP NoToRiouSDIP

@Joshki wrote

why such a lengthy list of universities
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@NoToRiouSDIP wrote

@Joshki wrote

why such a lengthy list of universities

haha cuz i couldnt decide which one to go to now, so im just gonna apply to a whole bunch and see which uni offers me admisssion, and then pick one from the list ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CityBoy CityBoy
Josh, please don't listen to Schulich students like aeryn. They are idiots.

They don't focus "a lot" on marks, your mark is the basis of your submission. No supp apps. When I got in last year, their cut off was 91. If you were a percent higher than that you got in to the program. If you were 91-91.9 they usually wait listed you. So as long as you have a 92+ your good, probably aim for a 93+ to be even safer.

To be honest, I got in with a 92.0. Hope that helps.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CityBoy CityBoy
And Dipesh is right, don't apply to so many programs it will be a waste of money. Narrow it down to 3-4 programs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@CityBoy wrote
Josh, please don't listen to Schulich students like aeryn. They are idiots.

They don't focus "a lot" on marks, your mark is the basis of your submission. No supp apps. When I got in last year, their cut off was 91. If you were a percent higher than that you got in to the program. If you were 91-91.9 they usually wait listed you. So as long as you have a 92+ your good, probably aim for a 93+ to be even safer.

To be honest, I got in with a 92.0. Hope that helps.

I think my average will be around 93-94ish, does that mean i have a big chance of getting into Desautels? Also for this year, their cut off is 92..fml

By the end of semester 1, i'll be having my 6U/M courses, since i took 3 grade 12 courses last year. So, what's my chance of getting an early admission offer from Desautels?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Joshki Joshki

@CityBoy wrote
And Dipesh is right, don't apply to so many programs it will be a waste of money. Narrow it down to 3-4 programs.

I know its a loooot of programs, but my mum was like APPLY!!! what if none of the uni accept you, then are you gonna stuck in HS for another year? lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lemony lemony
The cutoff for Desautels changes based on the applications received. Last year, the minimum on the website was 91 but this year I think only people with a 92 or above got in. So aim for a 93 to be safe.

Early admission was March 1. I think you had to have about a 94 for that. If you want an entrance scholarship, get at least a 95 and have good Grade 11 marks too.

I guess it's pretty competitive because many students come from abroad or from Quebec. I actually feel like meeting another non-Quebec Canadian (who actually lives in Canada normally) is somewhat uncommon!
Was this helpful? Yes 0