yconic - McGill Early Acceptances
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill Early Acceptances

A photo of krankd krankd
On the McGill site it says that early admissions begin on February 2nd, has anybody gotten early acceptances for engineering?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of plato plato
You do realize today is the 1st, right? McGill is really hard to get an early admittance. Applications outside of Quebec move a lot slower. I did not receive my admission until early May.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of krankd krankd
yeah, i do realize that today's the 1st. I figured that a lot of people wouldn't be reading it until later on in the week, when McGill would be doing early admissions.
Thanks for the info though, I appreciate it. Did you apply to McGill for computer engineering as well?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of plato plato
No worries, just thought I would check. Without my watch/phone I'd mess up dates all the time. Yes, but the program at McGill is ECE (electrical & computer). UW is one of the rare schools that distinguish between the two in first year, even though it's the same program until term 2B.

Architecture is very competitive, civil is probably equally competitive. QC residents get hefty discounts, so a lot of QC residents stay in province. I don't mean to discourage you... just sayin'... great school, hope you get an offer :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of krankd krankd
Yeah I've heard very similar from the experiences of some older friends. I heard they reserve a large number of spots for Quebec residents, so I won't be too bummed if i don't get in. Waterloo is my first choice, but it's probably just as competitive to get in haha! Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of plato plato
Every school keeps a large number of slots for in-province students. For UW Architecture, make sure you have a very good portfolio. You may also want to get in touch with previous applicants and prepare for the interview questions. Civil is just as competitive as the other engineering programs.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of maelong maelong

@krankd wrote
On the McGill site it says that early admissions begin on February 2nd, has anybody gotten early acceptances for engineering?

how's mcgill software engineering?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of krankd krankd

@plato wrote
Every school keeps a large number of slots for in-province students. For UW Architecture, make sure you have a very good portfolio. You may also want to get in touch with previous applicants and prepare for the interview questions. Civil is just as competitive as the other engineering programs.

Hahah already got that done, I've been talking with a family friend who graduated from UW's undergrad program, and is currently in their Masters' program. He's been telling me what they look for in a portfolio, and we'll be practicing interview questions closer to the interviews. Thanks for your advice!
Was this helpful? Yes 0