yconic - McGIll Entrance Averages??
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGIll Entrance Averages??

A photo of BladeOfDestiny BladeOfDestiny
So, I just wanted to know if anyone's gotten into the biological/biomedical (life science) science group at mcgill from Ontario with a top 6 average between 85 and 89? Fire away! Much appreciated! :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

By the way I meant for this year. =P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of RyanScane RyanScane
The offers will be released May 13th.
The requirement for life science and biomedical group is 91.5.:bounce:
All we can do is wait:colors:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Emaad13 Emaad13
ur joking...by May 13th, u mean tomorrow??? Oh my...:|
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well, I got refused with an 88.6 for life sci. Apparently the min top 6 average was 93.5 and the min marks for science and math were raised. Feel like crap. Good luck to everyone else though, and congratulations on everyone who got in! :D
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hapmie hapmie
93.5? That is kind of very high. How do you know that and when did they send you their decision?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

The admissions secretary told me. Sent me my decision b4 midterms, called to ask about it. They said the min marks in sciences and math in top 6 is raised, no longer 80. Only like on person got in from my school. My school's one of those ones that gets letter from U of T, Queens and Waterloo telling students to apply even if they have lower averages than required. Too bad quebec schools don't know. :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous
I'm sure all relatively prestigious schools including McGill have an idea which high schools to look out for, meaning which high schools have an overall better academic reputation, even if they don't say so. Not to be offensive or anything, but with an 88.6%, even if you're comparing the minima from last year which was at 91%, is still about a 2% gap. I don't think any University would bump your overall average by 2%, and this if life sciences at McGill we're talking about; it's second best in Canada behind Mac Health Science.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@Daruki35 wrote
I'm sure all relatively prestigious schools including McGill have an idea which high schools to look out for, meaning which high schools have an overall better academic reputation, even if they don't say so. Not to be offensive or anything, but with an 88.6%, even if you're comparing the minima from last year which was at 91%, is still about a 2% gap. I don't think any University would bump your overall average by 2%, and this if life sciences at McGill we're talking about; it's second best in Canada behind Mac Health Science.

You're not being offensive, don't worry. There are plenty of people at my school who got into U of T, Queens and Waterloo and other schools with averages up to 5% below the requirements. Oh, and this is for the sciences (life sci, engineering etc) Also, when I called, they legit calculated it right there and then. Health science is different from life science, mcgill has the top life sci program along with U of T; well that is according to a fair number of rankings.
Was this helpful? Yes 0