yconic - McGill Frosh
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill Frosh

A photo of SiobhanE SiobhanE
Hey! I was wondering if anyone knew about any of the McGill Frosh week activities, especially the evening ones. I was wondering if I'm going to have to miss out on them being only 17 and therefore unable to go to bars or clubs or whatnot. Any ideas?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
Fake ID?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion

@SiobhanE wrote
I was wondering if anyone knew about any of the McGill Frosh week activities

Drinking.

@SiobhanE wrote
especially the evening ones

Still drinking.

@ktel wrote
Fake ID?

^
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bp42 bp42
A fake would help, but the places also know to check what colour your wristband is, since underage students get a different colour. If you have a good frosh leader they try to make sure everyone gets into the clubs and stuff, they'll sometimes even find over 18 bracelets to give the underage people. However, last year some people couldn't get in because several places asked people for two pieces of ID, and everyone that only had their fake and the actual ID wasn't let in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
Yes, the woes of being underage. I was 17 until December of my first year. Not fun at all.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly
Don't even worry about being under-aged at frosh! My good friend goes to McGill and even though she was only 17 when she moved to Montreal (her birthday is in November), she still managed to party just like the rest of them. When you sign up for frosh at McGill, everyone is split into little groups with frosh leaders and they take you around the city and to clubs and stuff. Since my friend was 17, her new friends and her frosh leader simply booted for her.

McGill's frosh is notorious for its good time. You're going to have a load of fun.
Was this helpful? Yes 0