yconic - Mcgill: IB points ?? D:
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Mcgill: IB points ?? D:

A photo of annamaurice annamaurice
hi guys,, 1st time posting wheee :3
so i applied to Mcgill's sciences/nursing and i sent my self-reported marks late january-ish, and now im waiting with fingers crossed;;;

i checked out mcgill's mark requirement chart thingy for ib ---> http://www.mcgill.ca/applying/standards/ib/
question: are those ib grades INCLUDING the 3 bonus points (ie, TOK, EE, CAS), or WITHOUT the 3 points ?? D:

and also, has anyone gotten an early offer yet ?? sighh i know it's a bit early to start panicking, but my marks are not... optimal. especially not for sciences... >____>
to all mcgill hopefuls, WHAT ARE YOUR MARKS??!? (if you dont mind sharing, that is .___.)

my marks are ok-ish, but my marks for humanity courses are wayyyy higher than my marks for sciences, sooo now im worried. :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Noval Noval
Why did you do IB in the first place ? Way to complicate your life for almost nothing lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of annamaurice annamaurice

@Noval wrote
Why did you do IB in the first place ? Way to complicate your life for almost nothing lol

okok so my life sucks. let us not speak of the inevitable. any constructive adivice ? such as ,,, answering my question(s) ? >____>
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of DntInferno DntInferno
I'm in IB too, but only in 1st year at the moment. Canadian schools generally only look at your predicted marks, and since you posted this recently, I don't think you guys were given a predicted mark yet for year two, so it should be fine for now.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessiexo jessiexo
Those listed are without the bonus marks. If you think about it, 6 equates to ~90-95% and 7 equates to ~96-100%. If they had a minimum cutoff of 91.5% for Biomed and 91.0% for commerce, around 6 and above for each course is necessary.

Although I'm fully aware that IB is a lot more difficult than regular high school >.>

What are your predicted grades?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of North North
The point requirements in the chart DO NOT include the points from TOK/EE.

Jessiexo is correct about the conversion to percentages though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ghana1994 ghana1994
Hi you guys!
For my course, it says that the acceptance average is 35 IB points.
My predicted is 40 out of 45, but I've NEVER scored that high.
In the final IB, if I end up getting a 32-34 (excluding EE and TOK), are they likely to withdraw my offer of acceptance?
Was this helpful? Yes 0