yconic - Mcgill lacks of math prof??
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Mcgill lacks of math prof??

A photo of carrotsale carrotsale
When I checked the graduation requirement for math programs at Mcgill's website, I noticed that it indicated

"There are no professors associated with this course for the 2012-2013 academic year. "

under the instructors for most the the math courses.

However, for the other courses, they have already listed a whole bunch of profs to choose from for 2012~2013. (Every course except math~~!!!)

Does this mean that Mcgill will not offer math courses this upcoming school year??

I am deciding which U to go to next year, and I was originally want to persue a math degree at Mcgill. If they don't offer math courses, I can't even graduate. This really affects my decision.

Anyone from Mcgill could you pls tell me were MATH 242 and MATH251 offered last year(2011~2012) because it stated the same thing on the website last year.

ps. http://www.mcgill.ca/undergraduate-admissions/choosing-your-program/faculty-science
select a program and check the overview&instructors of the math courses
I didn't just make this up~~!!!It's on the website..

ps...Anyone know the email of faculty of science??
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
Once again, there is absolutely no way a university like McGill is not offering math courses at all. All of the math courses say that, which obviously means that they haven't decided which profs are teaching which courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ktel wrote
Once again, there is absolutely no way a university like McGill is not offering math courses at all. All of the math courses say that, which obviously means that they haven't decided which profs are teaching which courses.

Are you student of Mcgill??If so, could you pls tell me was any of the MATH 141 242 251 354 355 370 offered last year??

http://www.mcgill.ca/study/2011-2012/faculties/science/undergraduate/programs/bachelor-science-bsc-honours-mathematics
(information of the 2011~2012 school year)

It has been a whole year already, and the instructor have not yet been changed from "no professors associated with this course" to anyone.

I am not saying that Mcgill doesn't offer math courses at all, but if those required courses are not offered, it will definitely affect my graduation. Sincee I am going to persue a math degree, I really need to make sure the university at least offer what I will need in order to graduate.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ktel ktel
No I'm not a student at McGill, but I am a person with common sense. I googled "Math 242 McGill" and saw that it was offered last Fall 2011: http://www.math.mcgill.ca/klemes/courses/242f11/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Oh..thanks...a person with so much common sense~!
Was this helpful? Yes 0