yconic - MCGILL LIFE SCIENCE CLASS OF 2016
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

MCGILL LIFE SCIENCE CLASS OF 2016

A photo of frozenyogurt frozenyogurt
Say your admission status and whether or not you will be going next year!

I'm accepted & going. :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
20 replies

A photo of vickihsieh vickihsieh
If you don't mind me asking, what was your average? I just updated my self reported marks last night and I don't know if my average is high enough. :/
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lizzy5335 lizzy5335
Accepted! :) and not sure where I'm going yet haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of hjt hjt

@vickihsieh wrote
If you don't mind me asking, what was your average? I just updated my self reported marks last night and I don't know if my average is high enough. :/

im early accepted into mcgill life sc too. im from BC and my average is around 95
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of euphoria1911 euphoria1911
I don't get it i'm from BC, which marks did you guys self report? It says "interim mark" so do I put in my term 2 mark or average of term 1 and term 2? One guy from my school already got early acceptance but I don't understand how when you need term 1 and 2 it says?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of euphoria1911 euphoria1911
BTW My average for first term was 92.75%, sort of low I know :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of Jonathankhleung Jonathankhleung
I got an early acceptance to Biomed Life Sci at McGill :). My IB point total is 41 and I am from BC
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Anyone know what the average is like for normal admission this year (out of Ontario)? It seems to increase by 1.5% every year, which means this year's cutoff would be around 94.3...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of claireybear0818 claireybear0818
I got accepted today!! :) 96% average :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@claireybear0818 wrote

Are you from BC?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of yls2011 yls2011
Accepted on March 1st, not sure if I'll be going though.. I'm from Ontario :)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of claireybear0818 claireybear0818

@vickihsieh wrote

@claireybear0818 wrote

Are you from BC?

yup
Was this helpful? Yes 0

The website says to maintain 85% in all math and science courses in top six.. so if we get, say, 84% in calculus for second semester midterms, will the offer be revoked? Or what if it's 84% final mark?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lesson1 lesson1

@yls2011 wrote
Accepted on March 1st, not sure if I'll be going though.. I'm from Ontario :)

are you in IB? what's your average, if you dont mind sharing?
and in response to your last post, i believe you have to maintain an 85 final in those courses.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Nope, not in IB. 94% gr 11 average and 94% gr 12 average (with 5 completed courses). Frankly, I was quite surprised with the early acceptance. I've only got 2/4 prerequisites completed, and 94% seems to be borderline, but anyway I'm not complaining haha
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of frozenyogurt frozenyogurt

@vickihsieh wrote
Anyone know what the average is like for normal admission this year (out of Ontario)? It seems to increase by 1.5% every year, which means this year's cutoff would be around 94.3...

Actually my top 5 average was just 93.6%. Honestly, if they did actually increase the cutoff by 1.5% every year, eventually they will reach a point where nobody will be admitted. It all depends on the applicant pool. The only reason the cutoff has been increasing is because of Ontario's ridiculous and continual grade inflation over the past few years.

@yls2011 wrote
Nope, not in IB. 94% gr 11 average and 94% gr 12 average (with 5 completed courses). Frankly, I was quite surprised with the early acceptance. I've only got 2/4 prerequisites completed, and 94% seems to be borderline, but anyway I'm not complaining haha

I am not in full IB either, and my grade 11 and 12 applying averages were lower than 94% and I still got in so...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

@frozenyogurt wrote

@vickihsieh wrote

Actually my top 5 average was just 93.6%. Honestly, if they did actually increase the cutoff by 1.5% every year, eventually they will reach a point where nobody will be admitted. It all depends on the applicant pool. The only reason the cutoff has been increasing is because of Ontario's ridiculous and continual grade inflation over the past few years.

Thanks! My average is around yours... so hopefully I'll hear from them soon.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of newei newei
Hey eh... My average is around 98% and I haven't gotten any reply yet..
The application status is "Ready for Review" everyday!
I'm starting to worry now. Should I call in and ask?? :(
BTW I'm from BC.
help meeee
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of medicalscholar medicalscholar

@yls2011 wrote

Are you in Ontario? I'm so worried, hopefully I get an acceptance in May.
Was this helpful? Yes 0