yconic - MCGILL LIFE SCIENCE VS. GUELPH BIOMEDICALSCIENCE
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

MCGILL LIFE SCIENCE VS. GUELPH BIOMEDICALSCIENCE

A photo of AHeagle AHeagle
so I have to decide whether I want to go to mcgill or guelph
I recieved the guelph presidents scholarship (32,000 + summer research assitanceship)
and did not recieve one for mcgill
i got into biomedical/life science programs for both
I am interested in neuroscience, psych... etc
I am hoping to go to the states or UK for post-grad either for business or medschool
Volunteering is really important to me
I am a 95+ student but am worried about the competitive atmosphere at Mcgill

thoughts?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of applesnack applesnack
A $32,000 scholarship at uguelph must be really tempting lol. At guelph you might actually end up being in the top 10...whereas at Mcgill it'll be much more difficult. You should still get around the same marks. I heard that canadian med schools dont really care too much about which university you went to as long as you had good marks and performed well on the MCAT. Which I'm sure you will. Guelph is a much smaller city than Montreal
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of comebackkid comebackkid

@AHeagle wrote
I recieved the guelph presidents scholarship (32,000 + summer research assitanceship)
I am hoping to go to the states or UK for post-grad either for business or medschool

thoughts?

That's amazing! Kudos on your excellent work so far. To be honest, it is up to you, but Med School requires marks alongside with many other supplementary information. If you go to U of G, and feel that you can graduate in the top 5 or 10 percent, then go to U of G. You'll need as many advantages as possible, so you should take them as they are given!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of aquarius aquarius

@AHeagle wrote

thoughts?

If money is not an issue, then go to McGill since you are planning to go to UK or States. It is an internationally renowned school.Absolutely makes sense to go there. Reputation of the undergrad school you attend matters when you are planning to further your studies in a foreign country especially like UK.
95+ -I think you will be just fine at McGill !!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
If you plan on leaving Canada after undergrad: McGill

Otherwise, save your money and go to Guelph.
Was this helpful? Yes 0