yconic - McGill LifeSci Applicant
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill LifeSci Applicant

A photo of ruf ruf
I have a question about the McGill prerequisite that says 4U English or French. My French final was 87% and my current English mark is 79%. I was wondering if I only have to use the French in my top 6 calculation. My top 6 marks, with prerequisites Biology and Chemistry (I omitted physics) added in:

Current Top 6 with French: 90.6%
Current Top 6 with English: 89.3%

I'm trying to raise my top 6 to at least 92%, but I was mostly wondering if I can just use French and not English.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
You have to use the language that the whole school is taught in. So if you're in a normal, English-speaking school where most of the courses are taught in English, than you would use your 4U English mark. If your school teaches mostly in French, you'd use 4U French
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of letitsnow letitsnow
omg im in a similar situation! I really hope that we'll still get in with a 90.8% average but im counting on my second semester midterm mark to bring it up to a 91.5 which is the cutoff
:(
did anyone get accpeted already to McGill biomed with a 91.5 average?
Was this helpful? Yes 0