yconic - McGill Major Scholarships
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill Major Scholarships

A photo of lilahaj lilahaj
I was wondering if anyone has received a major scholarship from McGill yet? They said that you would find out 1 to 2 weeks after the admission decision, I was accepted March 1st and my application for the major scholarships is still in process. Also, do you think that it is better or worse that they are waiting longer to give me a decision? I think I did really well on the application so I am hoping for something in return!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of 55Lighthouse 55Lighthouse
I'm in the exact situation as you - I got accepted (to Management) March 1st and my scholarship shows as still in-process... I am planning to wait another week, which will be 4 weeks after my acceptance date, and then I'm going to call the financial office to ask when I can expect a response. Also, it says on the McGill site that you would hear if you got an entrance scholarship a few days after your acceptance - so at this point does it mean I got big money, or nothing at all, since I haven't heard about an entrance scholarship?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of lilahaj lilahaj
I remember on the website it said that you will be notified if you receive a scholarship or not, so I'm not sure why it is taking so long, no one I know who applied and got accepted has received anything yet! I guess we will just have to wait?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of 55Lighthouse 55Lighthouse
Hey, so I called McGill a while ago and they said that all decisions will be made in the middle of April. I guess their website is out-of-date on the timeline with scholarship decisions.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Kostrowicki Kostrowicki
Hi,

I have just received news myself. I got the 3000$ renewable. I wonder if they gave out a lot of the 5k/10k$ ones.

Any one knows how good my grades must be in order to keep my scholarship safe?

Also, is there a lot of in-course scholarship for undergraduates at McGill? (I'm doing Arts & Science)
Was this helpful? Yes 0