yconic - Mcgill or U of T?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Mcgill or U of T?

A photo of nkwon123 nkwon123
Hi guys

Ill be taking east asia studies in university and i really dont know which uni i should go to. Mcgill or u of t? Can you give me suggestions on which ones better for east asia studies?

Thank you:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of SKHL SKHL

@nkwon123 wrote
Hi guys

Ill be taking east asia studies in university and i really dont know which uni i should go to. Mcgill or u of t? Can you give me suggestions on which ones better for east asia studies?

Thank you:cheers:

Both schools will be very good for your field of study. With that said, I can perhaps share a bit more thoughts and information on it from a U of T perspective! At U of T, there's a strong East Asian as well as Asia-Pacific studies department that you can take courses and major in. There is also a great Richard Lee Hong Kong Library at U of T, with an extensive collection of Asian literature. The Asian Institute at the Munk School of Global Affairs will also provide many opportunities to get involved and explore more about your area of interest in East Asia outside of the courses you take.

I don't know how much of a factor this will have on your decision as well, but of course Toronto as a city has a larger Asian community than in Montreal. This won't directly affect your studies, but does lead to more opportunities and interactions outside of campus in area that you are interested in that!
Was this helpful? Yes 0