yconic - McGill Sciences chances? really panicking right now...:(
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill Sciences chances? really panicking right now...:(

A photo of el94 el94
I'm from BC, and I self-reported my marks for early admission early January for the BioMed program at McGill with a Gr 12 average of 94.4%. My second choice was Arts and I had a 96% top 5 average for that, so I thought that even if I didn't get an early offer for the sciences (since 94.4 is somewhat on the lower side of the spectrum for LifeSci), I would at least get an offer for Arts, since my average is almost 10% above the cutoff from last year.

But the time for early offers for BC came and went in February, and I didn't get anything, while almost all of friends have already got their acceptances from McGill :(

Granted, three of those friends have a top 5 average of 97-98% for Sciences, but I also know a lot classmates who managed to get into Arts with only 93-94%, while I have 96%...and now I'm panicking because I'm so scared I won't get accepted...what do I do?

I'm pretty sure I can pull my Sciences average up to 95% this term, so d'you think I'm panicking needlessly? A close friend of mine also has 96% average for Sciences and she hasn't gotten anything yet...and both our grade 11 marks are decent (90%+)...

is there some special way McGill dishes out its early acceptances? or is it completely random, and I can just assume they'll get to me in the second round...? :'(

PLEASE HELP! D:
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of frozenyogurt frozenyogurt
no one has replied to you because your post was so melodramatic it's funny.

honestly, you have mid-90s averages and you are "panicking"? really?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
lol
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of el94 el94
when i read it now i know it seems a bit dramatic, but i'm honestly really confused as to how the early admission acceptances work :/

if i get in second round/regular eventually, i'll be okay, but it's always nerve-wracking to wonder why/how those with lower averages manage to get accepted so quickly :( i even entertained the thought that they had "lost" my application or something :/

i'm sorry if i seemed melodramatic/arrogant/ridiculous, but i'm genuinely confused/concerned... :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Rela Rela
It's only March.. I don't get why you're panicking so much
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of lesson1 lesson1

@frozenyogurt wrote
no one has replied to you because your post was so melodramatic it's funny.

honestly, you have mid-90s averages and you are "panicking"? really?

haha agreed. @frozenyogurt, what was your average if you were accepted early? from ontario?
Was this helpful? Yes 0