yconic - McGill: Self-Reported Grades?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill: Self-Reported Grades?

A photo of Ranta Ranta
So, I just learned today that there was an issue with my self-reported grades back in January. I thought they'd been submitted, but it turns out that my computer messed up and (stupid me!) I just realized and resubmitted today.

I'm a Manitoba high school student, and have had roughly a 94 average over the course of both grade 11 and 12. I guess I've already missed first round consideration; do I have any chance of getting in during the second round?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
7 replies

A photo of Roygbiver Roygbiver
You should definitely contact the school if you haven't already. (though I'm sure you know that) Good luck.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Zion Zion
My friend has the same issue with his self-reported marks. It might be Minerva.

Although you didn't mention your program, you should get into McGill with a 94.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ranta Ranta
Roygbiver- Unfortunately I'm not sure that contacting McGill would help, since I think it was my/my computer's fault as opposed to the system's. But thanks very much for the advice!

Thanks very much, Zion! So being a second-stringer hopefully won't put me at too much of a disadvantage, then? I'm just worried that they'll probably have filled most of the spots in the early admission stage. I'm applying to Arts, by the way- sorry for forgetting to mention that earlier!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nyx Nyx
You will definitely get in during regular admission with your average. If they filled up everything early they wouldn't HAVE regular admission. Also, your average must be 4 or 5 % more than the entrance average for last year, so there's no question.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of prmly prmly
I hate to sound like a keener, but the McGill 2015 Facebook group only has like 50 kids so I'm guessing many people haven't received acceptance yet. Yeah, it's crazy to be basing the amount of early admission offers on the number of people in the goddamn Facebook group, but it makes me feel better damnit! I just hope I get in regular admission this time around...

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Ranta Ranta
Thanks so much! As it turns out, I actually got accepted today- I wasn't expecting to hear back so early, so it was a really nice surprise. :)

Best of luck with your admission, prmly! I hope you get in.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Roygbiver Roygbiver
Congrats! Glad to hear.
Was this helpful? Yes 0