yconic - McGill University's Engineering Program Reputation?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill University's Engineering Program Reputation?

A photo of frozenyogurt frozenyogurt
Does anyone have an idea as to McGill's Engineering program's reputation? From what I've read in (really outdated...like 2007-ish) forums about this topic is that McGill's engineering is less than stellar.

I'm really into McGill because I know I would love the experience of being in a french-speaking city, not to mention how it's ranked on Playboy's top party schools list. I really want to go to McGill, but I also want to get an Engineering degree.

How does McGill Engineering compare to say, Waterloo's or University of Toronto's? Does anyone know? I want to apply to medical school after I get my Engineering bachelors and t would probably be smart to go to a school where getting a high GPA isn't impossible (not UT). Is McGill Engineering easy, marks-wise?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of ktel ktel
McGill has a great engineering program. I wouldn't think it would be easy though
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of iliketurtles iliketurtles
I don't think any engineering program would be easy? If you honestly have little to no intention of actually working in anything besides medicine, why not go into something somewhat "easier"? It's possible to get a high GPA in engineering though (ktel did :D) so I suppose it's not out of the question, just seems unnecessary if medicine is your only goal.
Was this helpful? Yes 0