yconic - McGill Updated marks on May 15th?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill Updated marks on May 15th?

A photo of Sean1218 Sean1218
http://www.mcgill.ca/applying/undergrad2011-12/ontario/

"Submission of supporting documents*:

Major Scholarship applicants: February 7

All other applicants: Interim grades: April 10

All other applicants: Updated grades: May 15"

I just noticed this on McGill's site. What are these updated grades on May 15th? Does this mean they see our grades in February, April, May, and our final grades after exams? If this is the case, do the May grades have any bearing if you were already accepted, or just the final grades after exams? I'm relying on the exams to bring my marks back up so this is worrying me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of CB2011 CB2011
If you think about it, exams aren't written until mid June, and they probably won't be corrected until late June. All McGill offers (I think) say that you have to respond to the offer by June 1st. So I don't think exams marks will be able to help you get accepted, it's the March/May marks that will do that. The final marks (exams included) are more for deciding scholarships or advanced credits if your in a special program (IB, AP, etc)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

Well, the deadline to accept an offer for most other universities is late May/early June as well. However, they still need to see your grades at the end of the year, as all offers are conditional. So even if you've accepted, they can still rescind their offer if you drop too much.

I'm just now noticing that OUAC sends May marks as well to Universities, and was wondering if they're as insignificant as April marks for someone who's already been accepted.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ghana1994 ghana1994
The McGill offer is conditional????????
It just says we have to get our IB diploma, and maintain our "current academic standing". Is the 2nd bit the condition, or what?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@ghana1994 wrote
The McGill offer is conditional????????
It just says we have to get our IB diploma, and maintain our "current academic standing". Is the 2nd bit the condition, or what?

Yeah, that's the condition. Most universities specify the range you have to stay in. McGill seems to be a bit more relaxed and sometimes says as long as you pass your classes you'll be fine. However, any time I've contacted them I've always been told to keep it within a few percent to keep an acceptance.

Was this helpful? Yes 0