yconic - McGill Vs Waterloo
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill Vs Waterloo

A photo of Skyper Skyper
Ok, here is my situation. I got in mechanical engineering at mcgill and waterloo. Being a quebec resident, mcgill would cost me something like 3k compared to waterloo, well you know how much. However, I kind of want to leave my house and experience living on my own which waterloo would give. Also, Waterloo has coop.

So, is it worth it to go to waterloo, get the experience of coop and the experience of rez? Or should i stay in montreal and be a commuter?

Oh! And im paying also everything by my own. (loans + summer work)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
3 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of plato plato

@Skyper wrote
Ok, here is my situation. I got in mechanical engineering at mcgill and waterloo. Being a quebec resident, mcgill would cost me something like 3k compared to waterloo, well you know how much. However, I kind of want to leave my house and experience living on my own which waterloo would give. Also, Waterloo has coop.

So, is it worth it to go to waterloo, get the experience of coop and the experience of rez? Or should i stay in montreal and be a commuter?

Oh! And im paying also everything by my own. (loans + summer work)

Have you visited both campuses? I highly recommend you visit both campuses, especially Waterloo, before you make you decision.

Additionally, if you want to experience living on your own, what's stopping you from moving out and going to mcgill? You would be spending comparable amounts of money living on your own at either school. You're paying for it, so your parents have no reasonable argument for you to live at home while going to mcgill.

Bottom line, both schools have great programs, visit both campuses and choose the school based on feel, and move out/live on res if you prefer mcgill.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of SUMmer123456 SUMmer123456
Stay at McGill. Unless you are masochistic, in which case, Waterloo is for you!
Was this helpful? Yes 0