yconic - McGill, Wilfrid Laurier or Carleton?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McGill, Wilfrid Laurier or Carleton?

A photo of Tiffany132 Tiffany132
York is probably the best business program I can afford, but I don't really like the campus or the location that much so I was wondering if anyone had any information on these three universities? Also which one would be better for accounting?

Any info on the three schools would be nice :colors: Thanks.

Also, would you say Dalhousie would be better than any of those three?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

A photo of aeryn aeryn
Out of those three, I would pick Laurier for accounting. Pretty good job placements + great student life + co-op. If you're considering Laurier though, why not consider Waterloo? AFM would probably suit you, or maybe the /CA programs.(:

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of g93 g93
Almost anyone you ask would pick Laurier over Carleton. This is not a knock against Carleton, it is a decent school, but Laurier is a great program, and is known for its co-op and accounting.

McGill is a great school too, and while it has a great reputation I have never heard it being heralded for its accounting.

Dalhousie gets absolutely no recognition on this forum. To be honest I'm not sure how it'd be versus Carleton, but I would definitely pick Laurier or McGill over it.

As aeryn mentioned, Waterloo is a great school for accounting as well ;)

Consider all factors as well: city, campus, atmosphere, etc. Everyone loves that McGill is in Montreal, some people dislike Laurier's campus while others find it homey, most people like the atmosphere at both schools, Dalhousie is in Nova Scoita which is definitely different, etc.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mundane12321 mundane12321

@Tiffany132 wrote
York is probably the best business program I can afford, but I don't really like the campus or the location that much so I was wondering if anyone had any information on these three universities? Also which one would be better for accounting?

Any info on the three schools would be nice :colors: Thanks.

Also, would you say Dalhousie would be better than any of those three?

york as in schulich? I'd say either schulich or laurier would be the best for accounting. Definitely not Carleton, but Brock also has a very intensive yet excellent accounting program. But i guess it depends if you're looking for the name value of the school... You know what they say, if your smarter than a rock, you can get into Brock.. haha.

but yeah, as aeryn said, you should consider waterloo AFM program too. After all, it's called school of accounting and finance. they call themselves the best school of accounting and finance in north america because there's only one that exists lool
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Nick0rz Nick0rz
If Schulich's the best business program you could afford, there's no way you could afford AFM (although co-op might help.

Apply to all of them, visit the campuses, and see which you like/get accepted to. If you feel you'll be able to achieve an 85%+ (for co-op/accounting co-op positions), I'd recommend Laurier over Schulich. If you're not sure if you could enter co-op I'd recommend Schulich over Laurier for accounting.
Was this helpful? Yes 0