yconic - Mcgill
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Mcgill

A photo of jessraye8 jessraye8
I have applied to Waterloo, Queen's, Western and Ottawa (accepted to Ottawa). I reall want to apply to Mcgill though. I think Montreal would be a great place to live and Mcgill is obviously reputed to be a great school. However I have never been there. The pictures look nice on the website but sometimes it is hard to tell that way. I'm wondering if it would be worth the extra 100 buck to apply and the 6 hour drive to go visit if I end up not liking it.

Could you possibly compare it to a university in Ontario? Is it it similar to say UofT for example? Any information would be appreciated.
Was this helpful? Yes 0
4 replies

This post was deleted

A photo of jschiralli jschiralli
I visited Montreal a few months ago, and I saw McGill although I did not actually take a campus tour. Downtown Montreal is so beautiful, it's the only city comparable to Toronto in my opinion. I'm from Toronto and I love that downtown feel, so if you like that then you'll definitely love downtown Montreal. Only thing I wasn't so sure that I liked was that EVERYONE speaks French. When you go shopping or go to restaurants you're spoken to in French until you start speaking English back to the person, then they'll switch to English as well. But on the plus side, you'd probably end up picking up a bit of French if you lived there.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jessraye8 jessraye8
ohh it's like uoft? i didn't like uoft when i visited. but yeah the main reason i wanted to go there was because of the city as well. do the buildings look like uoft too?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of jschiralli jschiralli
In my opinion it was similar to U of T, mainly because of the city. Can I ask why you didn't like U of T? The buildings at McGill are a mix of traditional and mew, same as U of T.
Was this helpful? Yes 0