yconic - McMaster - Health Sci Life Sci, or Kin?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McMaster - Health Sci Life Sci, or Kin?

A photo of xxMoonCakezxx xxMoonCakezxx
Which is easier to get higher grades in? Health Sci or Life Sci or Kins?

Also can you apply to Pharmacy from a Kin program?

Can you apply to Pharmacy from a Health Sci program?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of esin esin
Whichever one you're most comfortable with and have an interest for.

You can get into professional-drug-dealer-school with ANY program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@esin wrote
Whichever one you're most comfortable with and have an interest for.

You can get into professional-drug-dealer-school with ANY program.

I need to fill the prereqs for Waterloo/UT Pharm though...
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
Really depends on what you specialize in for life sci. Mac life sci is general in 1st year (everyone takes chem, bio, etc) and then you specialize in 2nd year to psych/biopsych/biology/chemistry/biochemistry/physics/molecular biology and genetics etc. If you specialize in physics or chemistry, it will be harder than health sci/kin. If you specialize in psych/biopsych, it will probably be easier than health sci/kin. Also depends on your strengths though, I am much stronger in bio than chem/physics, so I know personally I would have a harder time in physics/chem, but if you're good at physics/chem then maybe that's the route for you.

You can apply to pharm from any undergrad degree so long as you take the PCAT, fulfill prereqs etc. I think a chemistry degree would be most relevant though.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

So you're saying Mac Health Sci does fill prereqs for Pharmacy school?

Ugh, I don't know whether I should apply to Mac Life Sci or not and the deadlines in 3 days!

I'm at this point where I picture myself in a corporate setting (business) as well as a pharmacist (science) so I applied to both business AND science programs.

What do I do?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
I don't know what the prereqs to pharm are. But chances are you will have the space to take them as electives even if it's not a mandatory health sci course (you get 3 electives each in 1st and 2nd year, 6 electives in 3rd year, and 6-7 electives in 4th year) in health sci.
Was this helpful? Yes 0