yconic - McMaster 2011!
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McMaster 2011!

A photo of CandyO CandyO
For those of us who have been accepted to Mac and are planning to go in September:)
Was this helpful? Yes 0
40 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@CandyO wrote
For those of us who have been accepted to Mac and are planning to go in September:)

i really struggling i got accepted today for the social science program but i' am still waiting for western, i feel mac is academically good but its not as fun as westen
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CandyO CandyO

@737300173 wrote

@CandyO wrote

i really struggling i got accepted today for the social science program but i' am still waiting for western, i feel mac is academically good but its not as fun as westen

Western should be giving out acceptances very soon to you then.
Personally I would pick Mac:)
I think its the best of both worlds.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of PeoplesChamp PeoplesChamp
Mac campus is much better than Western's IMO, and if you're looking for a "fun" and social school you'll find that at every school because there are always people willing to hangout and have a good time. It just matters on who you decide to associate with in University and the kind of lifestyle you lead. For example if all you do is cram yourself in a dorm at western studying, you won't find it a rewarding experience or "fun" at all. Just keep in mind you'll find "fun" stuff to do at any university you choose, just hangout with people who wanna have fun if that's what you're looking for. Also, Mac professors are world renown especially in the social science field specifically economics.

Cheers.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CandyO CandyO

@PeoplesChamp wrote
Mac campus is much better than Western's IMO, and if you're looking for a "fun" and social school you'll find that at every school because there are always people willing to hangout and have a good time. It just matters on who you decide to associate with in University and the kind of lifestyle you lead. For example if all you do is cram yourself in a dorm at western studying, you won't find it a rewarding experience or "fun" at all. Just keep in mind you'll find "fun" stuff to do at any university you choose, just hangout with people who wanna have fun if that's what you're looking for. Also, Mac professors are world renown especially in the social science field specifically economics.

Cheers.

Mac has a great reputation!
I'm thinking of majoring in Economics, or transferring into Bcomm.
I'll see you there if you decide to go :P
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of summercandy summercandy
I went to the May @ Mac today and I was sold! I'm excited to meet everyone at Mac in September!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ben11 ben11
Got in to McMaster as well! does anyone know the conditional average we have to maintain... I got in with a 75% can anyone tell me what i need to keep my acceptance.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of bdiaram bdiaram

@ben11 wrote
Got in to McMaster as well! does anyone know the conditional average we have to maintain... I got in with a 75% can anyone tell me what i need to keep my acceptance.

You probably just need to keep up your 75, but if you were planning on going into residence, you'll be waitlisted most likely.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of chatmike chatmike
The average for guaranteed residence is 79, say you have over a 79 when you're applying to res and stuff. But your average drops below a 79 on your finals in june. What happens?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CandyO CandyO

@chatmike wrote
The average for guaranteed residence is 79, say you have over a 79 when you're applying to res and stuff. But your average drops below a 79 on your finals in june. What happens?

Email them and ask that and tell us what they say.
Thats a good question!
Yes I'm also looking forward to meeting everyone in September :)
When do we pick our courses and stuff..also is there a group on fb?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CandyO CandyO

@ben11 wrote

75% is the conditional average they said we have to keep.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Bluesharpies Bluesharpies
I couldn't go to May @ Mac, I have a bad cold right now. :(
Sucks because I heard that it was nice...

Luckily, I went to McMaster during March Break, so I already have an idea of how it is (albeit a small one).

I'm still deciding between U of T and McMaster for Life Sciences, but I'm leaning towards McMaster. c:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ben11 ben11
ahh 75% so basically i can only drop 1% :(

is it true university still take you if you drop to 72-74% range even tho conditional is 75% ?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CandyO CandyO

@ben11 wrote
ahh 75% so basically i can only drop 1% :(

is it true university still take you if you drop to 72-74% range even tho conditional is 75% ?

I have no idea lool
But to be on the safe side..keep that 75%!
What are your marks right now? for your top 6?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ben11 ben11
Midterm 88,88,56,81

Final 83,62

summer school is defiantly happening
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CandyO CandyO

@ben11 wrote
Midterm 88,88,56,81

Final 83,62

Not necessarily. If you can bring that 56 up, you won't need too. That's a significant difference between your other courses :/ what is it?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of 0zymandias 0zymandias
Hey guys,
I was unable to go May @ Mac and I am really upset about it! Can anyone give me the highlight reel? It would be especially helpful if you went to anything involving Health Science. Also I just wanted to say how much I love the campus. Its pretty much its own village, so much better than some block of downtown :P
Thanks guys
Ozy
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ben11 ben11

@CandyO wrote

@ben11 wrote
Midterm 88,88,56,81

Final 83,62

Not necessarily. If you can bring that 56 up, you won't need too. That's a significant difference between your other courses :/ what is it?

lool i struggle in English that's my 56 , teacher is brutal
i hope to see u guys in september! wish me luck
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of CandyO CandyO

@ben11 wrote

@CandyO wrote

@ben11 wrote
Midterm 88,88,56,81

Final 83,62

lool i struggle in English that's my 56 , teacher is brutal
i hope to see u guys in september! wish me luck

Ahh (N)
I believe that can go up though! Work a little harder :P
Good luck!
:cheers:
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ben11 ben11
anybody know the degree of difficulty mcmaster social science programs are?

i am majoring in the health studies
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of ben11 ben11
anybody know the degree of difficulty mcmaster social science programs are?

i am majoring in the health studies
Was this helpful? Yes 0

I've applied to Mac but haven't heard anything yet... should i be worried?? I applied for Life sciences & kinesiology and my first semester average was 90%! I've been considering a fifth year to bring my marks up but i want to know if im going to get in or not first!!

Help! :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0

@gleefan wrote
I've applied to Mac but haven't heard anything yet... should i be worried?? I applied for Life sciences & kinesiology and my first semester average was 90%! I've been considering a fifth year to bring my marks up but i want to know if im going to get in or not first!!

Help! :(

That's odd, I heard back from Mac in February (completed my app in Dec 2010) I had a 86% average in OSSD I also applied for Life Sci & Kin but it might be because I'm also completing IB.

Best of luck!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted

A photo of mwfm2011 mwfm2011
Which university do u guys recommend? McMaster or UoFT Mississauga? For Economics, and planning to transfer to business second year..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted