yconic - McMaster alternate offers
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McMaster alternate offers

A photo of mohq07 mohq07
I have a quick question about Mac,

Some universities will offer alternate programs if you don't make the one you applied for.
I currently applied for life science at Mac and was thinking about applying to health sci instead and was wondering, if i get rejected for health sci does mac send alternate offers such as life sci or other programs?

Thanks
Was this helpful? Yes 0
8 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
In 2008 they did, not sure if they do this anymore. My friends who applied for health sci (but didn't apply to life sci) and got rejected received an alternate offer for life sci.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mohq07 mohq07

@inthemaking wrote
In 2008 they did, not sure if they do this anymore. My friends who applied for health sci (but didn't apply to life sci) and got rejected received an alternate offer for life sci.

hopefully they still do it for this years applications, thanks for the quick response!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of TheLaw TheLaw
nope, they no longer give alternate offers for the HS program.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of esin esin

@TheLaw wrote

+1

Yep. They don't do it anymore. You have to apply to every program you wanna be considered for.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mohq07 mohq07

@esin wrote

@TheLaw wrote

+1

Yep. They don't do it anymore. You have to apply to every program you wanna be considered for.

If i apply to both health sci + life sci, would life sci interfere with my health sci application? Since mac will see that i have applied to both programs and even if i have the slightest chance of making health sci that they'll give me life sci since its at the same university

does anyone know how that works?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of mohq07 mohq07

@esin wrote

@TheLaw wrote

+1

If i apply to both health sci + life sci, would life sci interfere with my health sci application? Since mac will see that i have applied to both programs and even if i have the slightest chance of making health sci that they'll give me life sci since its at the same university

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Reality Reality

@mohq07 wrote

@esin wrote

@TheLaw wrote

+1

What do you mean by 'interfere'? The admissions process for both programs are handled by different Faculties..
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kyleigh711 kyleigh711

@Reality wrote

@mohq07 wrote

@esin wrote

@TheLaw wrote

+1

What do you mean by 'interfere'? The admissions process for both programs are handled by different Faculties..

+1
The applications are handled separately. Whether you apply for healthsci or not will not affect your lifesci app and vice versa.
Was this helpful? Yes 0