yconic - Mcmaster and UWO BMOS
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

Mcmaster and UWO BMOS

A photo of LLUS LLUS
Hey people!!!

I need some advices on these two universities. I got into McMaster's business school and UWO's BMOS. I don't get really good mark on math(MHF:80,MCV:85, MDM:82) I know that I have to study Statistic for two years in McMaster. And I really want to go get a MBA in the future. Therefore, I want to know that which school is more easier and has a good study atmosphere?

Thank you,
Was this helpful? Yes 0
5 replies

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@LLUS wrote
Hey people!!!

I need some advices on these two universities. I got into McMaster's business school and UWO's BMOS. I don't get really good mark on math(MHF:80,MCV:85, MDM:82) I know that I have to study Statistic for two years in McMaster. And I really want to go get a MBA in the future. Therefore, I want to know that which school is more easier and has a good study atmosphere?

Thank you,

BMOS is probably a bit easier. But I'd say McMaster is a better school.

Mind you Western has a better party life and atmosphere. Therefore studying would probably be a bit easier at McMaster lol ;)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LLUS LLUS

@Username81 wrote

@LLUS wrote
Hey people!!!

Thank you,

Mind you Western has a better party life and atmosphere. Therefore studying would probably be a bit easier at McMaster lol ;)

Which one are you going? I know that in McMaster's business school, If I fail the level 1, I won't be able to go on to level 2.. I know that they have to take statistic in McMaster which I hate it!!!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Anonymous Anonymous

@LLUS wrote

@Username81 wrote

@LLUS wrote
Hey people!!!

Thank you,

Which one are you going? I know that in McMaster's business school, If I fail the level 1, I won't be able to go on to level 2.. I know that they have to take statistic in McMaster which I hate it!!!

Well I applied for AEO status to Ivey and have not received it yet (doubt I will). But if I had to choose, I'd say McMaster is a bit better as it's totally focused around business. BMOS is more of a social sciency kind of thing combined with business.

Me, however, I'm going to choose Laurier should Queen's and Ivey reject me. But next up would've been McMaster, followed by BMOS.

Lots of people like BMOS but I've heard mixed reviews about JUST BMOS (a lot of people who liked it went on to Ivey so I'm not sure what strictly BMOS students' opinions would be)
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of noble11 noble11
I believe if you are looking to do an MBA afterwards, McMaster would be the better bet. As user*** said, BMOS is sort of a social sciency kind of degree, whereas McMaster is an "actual" business degree.

However, Western and McMaster are both fairly well known, go to Western if u want to have a good time while getting ur degree, McMaster if ur fully set on aiming for that MBA.

Hope this helped!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

This post was deleted