yconic - McMaster AP Policy - BHSc
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McMaster AP Policy - BHSc

A photo of metro metro
Does anyone know what the Advance Placement credit-granting policy is at McMaster? There is not much information on the website other than the fact that it varies with different faculties. What concerns in this forum is obviously the Bachelor of Health Science program.

Thanks!
Was this helpful? Yes 0
2 replies

A photo of inthemaking inthemaking
The person to contact is Teresa Basilio (basilio@mcmaster.ca). BHSc won't automatically give you transfer credits for IB/AP, you have to request them by letting Teresa know which AP subjects you want to receive credit for, and then your high school has to send a transcript confirming your AP grades to the BHSc office.

I did IB and got transfer credits for my HL subjects, not sure what the policy is for AP (whether they grant credits for 4/5 or just 5).
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of metro metro

@inthemaking wrote
The person to contact is Teresa Basilio (basilio@mcmaster.ca). BHSc won't automatically give you transfer credits for IB/AP, you have to request them by letting Teresa know which AP subjects you want to receive credit for, and then your high school has to send a transcript confirming your AP grades to the BHSc office.

I did IB and got transfer credits for my HL subjects, not sure what the policy is for AP (whether they grant credits for 4/5 or just 5).

Thanks a lot, inthemaking!

I've emailed a different person in the admissions department. Hopefully they will forward the email to Teresa Basilio for me. If not, I will email again.

Thank you once again. Best wishes.
Was this helpful? Yes 0