yconic - McMaster Arts & Science
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McMaster Arts & Science

A photo of vanilla21 vanilla21
So I'm almost done my supp app for mcmaster arts & science and I realized that I barely mentioned science in my application. I wrote about history as my favourite subject...so I'm wondering if I should change it to biology/math/something more scientific? Does it matter?

Also, does anyone who is currently in Arts & Science have any tips for the supp app?
I currently have a 92% average & I'm really scared I won't get in :(
Was this helpful? Yes 0
6 replies

A photo of Entropy Entropy
Write what you're passionate about - there are loads of art-oriented people in the program. People wrote about every subject under the sun to get in, and made it.
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Pensive Pensive
Hi there,

I was just curious as to what the Arts & Science Program is really looking for in an applicant? Also, what are some really unique stuff that your program offers?
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of Entropy Entropy
Unique stuff - the courses you'll be taking and the community built into the program. Your combination of classes is unique, and I dont think any other program or faculty has the same type of community that artsci has. Isci, the new program, has been building off the artsci model.

As for what you should be as an applicant, be yourself, make sure you aren't giving stock answers - try to stand out a bit. But nobody really knows what they look for in applicants!
Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of vanilla21 vanilla21
Thanks for the input...I'm just wondering, do you know what their method is for choosing who gets accepted? Do marks count more or does the supp app?

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of kyleigh711 kyleigh711

@vanilla21 wrote
Thanks for the input...I'm just wondering, do you know what their method is for choosing who gets accepted? Do marks count more or does the supp app?

What I've been told is that you get a mark between -5 and 5 on your supplementary, which gets added to your average.

With Healthsci they apparently give you a mark out 7 on the supp app and the top marks get in. As long as you have the minimum 90%, they don't look at your marks again unless there is a tie in the supplementary rankings. It's possible that artsci does something similar.

Was this helpful? Yes 0

A photo of LN LN
You might want to take a look at the thread from a few years ago: click me.
Was this helpful? Yes 0