yconic - McMaster Degrootes raising admission cutoffs?
Hide Menu

My Feed Money for School Student Help Brands Winners Support Center

Explore yconic
Explore Student Life Topics
Scotiabank
STUDENT CHAMPION
yconic proudly recognizes Student Champion Partners who are providing our community with superior support for their student journeys. Learn More
Student Help Brands

McMaster Degrootes raising admission cutoffs?

A photo of Stinkyfeet Stinkyfeet
I was talking to a second year bcomm student at Mac and apparently Degrootes is raising its admission standards for either next year or the near future. Right now it stands at low to mid 80's but apparently it's moving up to mid to high 80's. Can anyone confirm this?

Also what effect do people think this will have on its standing? I know Mac is considered second rate compared to Ivey or Queens, but do you think this could have a positive effect on how its viewed?
Was this helpful? Yes 0
1 replies

A photo of BobTheBuilder BobTheBuilder

@Stinkyfeet wrote
I was talking to a second year bcomm student at Mac and apparently Degrootes is raising its admission standards for either next year or the near future. Right now it stands at low to mid 80's but apparently it's moving up to mid to high 80's. Can anyone confirm this?

Also what effect do people think this will have on its standing? I know Mac is considered second rate compared to Ivey or Queens, but do you think this could have a positive effect on how its viewed?

I know for a fact that KPMG hires aggressively from Mac, I think it has something to do with the fact that KPMG's Board of Directors is filled with Mac grads. There's lots of alumni networking and their Accounting Association is well-sponsored. Definitely an up-and-coming accounting school.
Was this helpful? Yes 0